Smoke Bombs for pest control

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're pocket gophers, moles are found further East. Trapping them is the only way to know you killed them. Get a couple of Victor traps, find their runs by driving a long screwdriver into the ground then dig a small hole where the tunnel is, set a trap going both directions then cover the hole with a board so no light gets through.
Make sure you anchor your traps or they'll be gone!
Tie them together with a string.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you can find the tunnel use a funnel and 2' section of garden hose and insert the hose a ways in the hole. Pour about 6 or 7 ozs of gas into the hole and cover it, no need to light it. If you weren't able to get the hose far enough into the hole crumple up a page of magazine or paper and stuff it into the hole so that the dirt you cover it with doesnt cover all the wet gas in the hole when you cover it with dirt again. The fumes will kill them and I know it works but sometimes its very hard to locate the actual run amidst all that dirt they pile on the surface.

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gophers eat roots not dry grain. Figure out how to get poison into potatoes or carrots and your good to go. Should have said Pocket Gophers, LB
Gophers will eat dry grain readily. Dig out the run, place the recommended amount in the run and cover with a board to shut out light. Cover in the hole when you don't see more activity.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just stuck a propane hose down their holes and turned the valve on. Really wanted to light it, but common sense kicked in. Regardless, got rid of them.
An old timer said this works great on P-dogs. I'd like to try the match on it also.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Propane is heavier that air so it will displace all the oxygen in the tunnels. You need the right amount of air and oxygen to ignite the vapor. Thats why those guys that are blowing up the gopher tunnels use oxygen and acetylene to get it to ignite, but you never know where all those tunnels go. I seen a video where a guy had a trained ferret that he would open a tunnel system and turn him loose down the hole and soon the ferret would pop out with a gopher in his jaws. In my early 20' when I did a lot of pocket gopher trapping I used Death-clutch traps and had about a hundred of them to set, I did catch a few weasel, tough little sombitchs traps never killed them and to pull them out of the hole took a little arm strength. I didn't ever turn a live one loose because there was a death look in their eyes and they didn't care how big you were. LB

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did catch a few weasel, tough little sombitchs traps never killed them and to pull them out of the hole took a little arm strength. I didn't ever turn a live one loose because there was a death look in their eyes and they didn't care how big you were. LB

My old man had fun one day. He was teaching me how to trap muskrats and sure enough I caught a weasel , They were only worth a quarter or 50 cents so he told me to let it go . I put both feet on the trap and had a stick to open the jaws and that little bugger ran right up my leg and I was running backwards swatting at it.

ndrivrrat

Founding Member
Founding Member
4. **Fill the tube**: Pour the potassium nitrate and sugar mixture into the roll, making sure to leave enough space for the fuse to stick out.

Just remember, if you use too much potassium nitrate, (saltpeter), your fuse will never stick out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 151
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 55