Ghost Blind (Mirrors)

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_3712.jpeg

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So you need a chair that is short enough to hide behind the blind. I only shoot through the shooting slots on the top of the blind. When the deer is on its way in get positioned to where you plan on taking the shot with your bow upright but just below the top of the panel. When the deer is behind the tallest part of the blind draw back smooth and slowly raise up to the shooting lane. Wait for the deer to walk into the lane and take the shot. If you are right handed your last shooting lane is the left end of the blind. You should be set up so that the deer is quartered away at the end of the blind. I never plan on shooting out of the right side of the blind. Make sure you practice shooting out of the blind and make a lot of different situations while you practice. It’s tough to explain through text. I might make a few drawings for you
we can barely read
interpreting drawings will be well beyond our intellect

Sorry.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also try not to have it facing into the sun at sunrise or sunset. Not always possible but it makes a difference
Thanks Buck! I bought the low profile chair they sell to go with the blind. Looks more comfortable than sitting on the ground like I have been.

Could've used the blind tonight. I did a grunt sequence and 10 minutes later an 8 pointer appeared like a ghost 40 yards in front of me, staring directly at me through the tall grass. Wind was in my favor so he wasn't sure what I was. We dead locked motionless for what felt like an eternity before he bounded 50 yards away and turned broadside. I missed a 100 yard shot because I rushed it.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gotta love the "fever" happens to all of us,love the rush myself,happens to me shooting small game...lol,lucky for squrriels.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Years ago,spring snow goose hunting we used large sheet mirrors to walk up on feeding birds,worked great unless sunny...reflection glare ....not good,great concept in foliage.
Guy I knew made silhouettes that looked like cows and they walked right up snows lol

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well took the blind to the Grasslands today and used the blind. Set it up out in the open just to see how it would do. I have my chair setup behind it and a backpack in the pic:

20231117_100106.jpg
One more thing I forgot to mention is to clean up grass, and snow any place you would place your feet. you don’t want to make any noise when the deer are close and you are positioning to shoot. Do it after the blind is set up and right away. Better off making a little bit of noise right away than later when the deer are close.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
One more thing I forgot to mention is to clean up grass, and snow any place you would place your feet. you don’t want to make any noise when the deer are close and you are positioning to shoot. Do it after the blind is set up and right away. Better off making a little bit of noise right away than later when the deer are close.
Thanks Buck! I learned that lesson the hard way during a bow hunt with my son. It's the first thing I do now. Today I quickly set the blind up, sat down behind it, brushed leaves away while intermittently hitting the rattling antlers to help cover the ground noise.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks great from that angle, but if you got down to the level of the deer I'd bet your movement would be skylined. Something to consider when setting up. Now go get a deer so I can be jealous already!!

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks great from that angle, but if you got down to the level of the deer I'd bet your movement would be skylined. Something to consider when setting up. Now go get a deer so I can be jealous already!!

You are 100% correct KDM....I threw the blind up away from where I was hunting just to see what it could do and how it looked. Walked around it, crouched down, pointed it into and away from the sun. When I did exactly what you said I was skylined. It does require some thought on where to put it that's for sure.

Last edited:

CJR

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well took the blind to the Grasslands today and used the blind. Set it up out in the open just to see how it would do. I have my chair setup behind it and a backpack in the pic:

20231117_100106.jpg
That looks great! Wonder how a head peeking through the shooting lanes looks? Guessing you really have to match the background well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 18