What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
3 Class Bball system in ND?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Allen" data-source="post: 351994" data-attributes="member: 389"><p>Being relatively familiar with Shiloh, I can't agree with your position on Shiloh recruiting rez kids. First off, Shiloh is not a boarding school like the old New England Saint Mary was back in the day, so where is Shiloh homing all these kids that they are recruiting off the reservation? As far as I know, the native kids at Shiloh all live with their parents here in the Bismarck area and aren't commuting from Parshall or Fort Yates.</p><p></p><p>Also, I watched a couple of Shiloh basketball games last year and I can only remember one, maybe two half-native kids on the team (one I know is half because I grew up with his parents, the other may not even be native). </p><p></p><p>I can think of at least 3 or 4 native gals on Shiloh's C-squad volleyball team, are you thinking that is where Shiloh was emphasizing recruitment?</p><p></p><p>BisMan is full of former reservation dwellers like myself. We in general like the smaller school atmosphere (and Shiloh is top shelf in that category) because it gives our kids the opportunity to participate when compared to BHS, Century, or Legacy sized schools. So if we can swing it, we absolutely will send our kids to the private school because we relate better to them. </p><p></p><p></p><p>Someone else put their finger on the right reason why the smaller private schools are more successful than their student population size would suggest. Students who go to private schools simply have more opportunity to train as they don't have to go out and work on the farm or get a job because money is overly tight in the family. Sanford Power is full of Shiloh kids in the summer time, and the teams often hold what they call captain's practices throughout the latter half of the summer to go along with the Sanford Power. They are simply doing a better job of reaching their potential. It's been a while since I've read the Shiloh admissions paperwork, but I don't remember seeing anything in there on athletic scholarships.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Allen, post: 351994, member: 389"] Being relatively familiar with Shiloh, I can't agree with your position on Shiloh recruiting rez kids. First off, Shiloh is not a boarding school like the old New England Saint Mary was back in the day, so where is Shiloh homing all these kids that they are recruiting off the reservation? As far as I know, the native kids at Shiloh all live with their parents here in the Bismarck area and aren't commuting from Parshall or Fort Yates. Also, I watched a couple of Shiloh basketball games last year and I can only remember one, maybe two half-native kids on the team (one I know is half because I grew up with his parents, the other may not even be native). I can think of at least 3 or 4 native gals on Shiloh's C-squad volleyball team, are you thinking that is where Shiloh was emphasizing recruitment? BisMan is full of former reservation dwellers like myself. We in general like the smaller school atmosphere (and Shiloh is top shelf in that category) because it gives our kids the opportunity to participate when compared to BHS, Century, or Legacy sized schools. So if we can swing it, we absolutely will send our kids to the private school because we relate better to them. Someone else put their finger on the right reason why the smaller private schools are more successful than their student population size would suggest. Students who go to private schools simply have more opportunity to train as they don't have to go out and work on the farm or get a job because money is overly tight in the family. Sanford Power is full of Shiloh kids in the summer time, and the teams often hold what they call captain's practices throughout the latter half of the summer to go along with the Sanford Power. They are simply doing a better job of reaching their potential. It's been a while since I've read the Shiloh admissions paperwork, but I don't remember seeing anything in there on athletic scholarships. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
3 Class Bball system in ND?
Top
Bottom