What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Tackle & Baits
Attaching Crankbaits
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Bobkat" data-source="post: 364865" data-attributes="member: 8010"><p>Pretty good method comparison video 7. I agree about the slo mo feature - took me a while to figure it was slow mo rather than slow retrieve, but I’m a slow learner.</p><p>Years ago I remember Tony Dean advising using a snap, never a snap swivel, and the ?Palomar knot. Like you, first thing I do is remove the split ring from the crank, unless I’m in a huge hurry during a boil or something). Then use a snap for fast changes with a Palomar knot. </p><p>My question: </p><p>In his video the snaps are all symmetrical, the only ones I ever use, but seems more and more snaps and snap swivels are being made with one side a bit deeper than the other side rather than smooth rounded symmetrical shape. The off round shape seems to me, a relatively mediocre fisherman, to be the dumbest design, serving only to de tune a carefully tuned crank bait as soon as you begin to reel it in. Sticks the nose of the crank to one side of the snap! What’s the purpose of that? </p><p> Again, thanks for the video and your own personal experience. I love learning something new every day. </p><p>One more question: </p><p>In your opinion, like he says, maybe little difference between them but is any particular method better on a really super slow retrieve? Probably a stupid question as a nice symmetrical swivel should allow a good side to side motion of the crank bait in any case.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Bobkat, post: 364865, member: 8010"] Pretty good method comparison video 7. I agree about the slo mo feature - took me a while to figure it was slow mo rather than slow retrieve, but I’m a slow learner. Years ago I remember Tony Dean advising using a snap, never a snap swivel, and the ?Palomar knot. Like you, first thing I do is remove the split ring from the crank, unless I’m in a huge hurry during a boil or something). Then use a snap for fast changes with a Palomar knot. My question: In his video the snaps are all symmetrical, the only ones I ever use, but seems more and more snaps and snap swivels are being made with one side a bit deeper than the other side rather than smooth rounded symmetrical shape. The off round shape seems to me, a relatively mediocre fisherman, to be the dumbest design, serving only to de tune a carefully tuned crank bait as soon as you begin to reel it in. Sticks the nose of the crank to one side of the snap! What’s the purpose of that? Again, thanks for the video and your own personal experience. I love learning something new every day. One more question: In your opinion, like he says, maybe little difference between them but is any particular method better on a really super slow retrieve? Probably a stupid question as a nice symmetrical swivel should allow a good side to side motion of the crank bait in any case. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
13 minutes ago
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Tackle & Baits
Attaching Crankbaits
Top
Bottom