What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Boat Talk
Axel Spindle Question
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="NDwalleyes" data-source="post: 315956" data-attributes="member: 218"><p>So I'm repacking and replacing bearings & seals on my single axel boat trailer. After I removed the one hub, I noticed a very small gouge in the surface of the spindle. Might be 1/32 deep x 1/32 wide with about another 1/32 of steel rising out of the spindle...so super minor.</p><p></p><p>Since this is the first service on a trailer that I purchased new, this little nick had to have been there from manufacturing. The nick is on the center-top of the spindle and no where near either of the bearing seat points....not a friction point, so the only thing that would come into contact with it is the grease between the spindle and the inside wall of the hub. </p><p></p><p>What are your guys thoughts? Leave it or sand it down? I'm thinking I may do more damage to the spindle surface by sanding it, compared to this small gouge/nick.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="NDwalleyes, post: 315956, member: 218"] So I'm repacking and replacing bearings & seals on my single axel boat trailer. After I removed the one hub, I noticed a very small gouge in the surface of the spindle. Might be 1/32 deep x 1/32 wide with about another 1/32 of steel rising out of the spindle...so super minor. Since this is the first service on a trailer that I purchased new, this little nick had to have been there from manufacturing. The nick is on the center-top of the spindle and no where near either of the bearing seat points....not a friction point, so the only thing that would come into contact with it is the grease between the spindle and the inside wall of the hub. What are your guys thoughts? Leave it or sand it down? I'm thinking I may do more damage to the spindle surface by sanding it, compared to this small gouge/nick. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Today at 12:26 AM
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Yesterday at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Yesterday at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Yesterday at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Yesterday at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Yesterday at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Yesterday at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Tuesday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Tuesday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Tuesday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Sep 24, 2026
Friends of NDA
Forums
Fishing
Gear and Accessories
Boat Talk
Axel Spindle Question
Top
Bottom