What's new
Forums
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Pics
Videos
Fishing Reports
Classifieds
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Members
Resources
Whopper Club
Politics
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Forums
General
General Discussion
Jim Shockey rips Canadian officials after bear attack and deaths of mother/infant.
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="shorthairman" data-source="post: 239831" data-attributes="member: 6223"><p>I'm pretty sure just about everyone on this site is in agreement that hunters and fishermen/women respect and care for the wildlife and environment more than probably any other group out there. My dad used to hunt and fish a lot when I was younger and as I got older he moved more toward fishing and only occasionally hunting. I asked him why that was and he said because he can release any fish he wants to and that pulling a trigger is permanent. At this point in my life I enjoy both hunting and fishing equally, however I say a little prayer of thanks every time I clean a fish or put a bird in my vest. I also try to explain to my son, daughter and others who hunt with me that it is not all about killing something. As a teacher I have had kids ask me about hunting several times, and I explain the same thing. Many times I gain access to hunting spots because the turkeys are crapping in the feed bunks the calves eat out of, or the deer are devastating a cornfield. As many of you have said the thrill of the chase, or outsmarting your quarry is as high on the list as the meat you obtain and I agree. This thread started as a post about a grizzly attack, and as I read through the comments I agree and see where everyone is coming from and their point of view. One thing is certain and that is that if we as humans are going to walk the same paths and woods as bears, mountain lions, wolves, etc. then there are bound to be interactions that end badly in one way or another.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="shorthairman, post: 239831, member: 6223"] I'm pretty sure just about everyone on this site is in agreement that hunters and fishermen/women respect and care for the wildlife and environment more than probably any other group out there. My dad used to hunt and fish a lot when I was younger and as I got older he moved more toward fishing and only occasionally hunting. I asked him why that was and he said because he can release any fish he wants to and that pulling a trigger is permanent. At this point in my life I enjoy both hunting and fishing equally, however I say a little prayer of thanks every time I clean a fish or put a bird in my vest. I also try to explain to my son, daughter and others who hunt with me that it is not all about killing something. As a teacher I have had kids ask me about hunting several times, and I explain the same thing. Many times I gain access to hunting spots because the turkeys are crapping in the feed bunks the calves eat out of, or the deer are devastating a cornfield. As many of you have said the thrill of the chase, or outsmarting your quarry is as high on the list as the meat you obtain and I agree. This thread started as a post about a grizzly attack, and as I read through the comments I agree and see where everyone is coming from and their point of view. One thing is certain and that is that if we as humans are going to walk the same paths and woods as bears, mountain lions, wolves, etc. then there are bound to be interactions that end badly in one way or another. [/QUOTE]
Verification
What is the most common fish caught on this site?
Post reply
Recent Posts
Gasoline pump prices
Latest: Davy Crockett
Today at 9:11 PM
Scheels Bismarck
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:36 PM
DUI Attorney
Latest: Obi-Wan
Today at 8:31 PM
J
Mandan Data center pushback
Latest: jer79
Today at 8:29 PM
ESOX
Latest: SDMF
Today at 8:24 PM
NFL News (Vikings)
Latest: eyexer
Today at 6:31 PM
SOLD
2007 Ford Taurus
Latest: Zogman
Today at 5:03 PM
K-Drill Blade Sharpening Gone
Latest: Slappy
Yesterday at 12:02 PM
RAIN!!!!
Latest: KDM
Yesterday at 9:29 AM
Tailrace
Latest: MSA
Yesterday at 8:22 AM
L
Jap Beatles
Latest: LBrandt
Monday at 1:40 PM
N
Soybeans
Latest: ndlongshot
Monday at 1:35 PM
Guys with a Yeti....
Latest: johnr
Monday at 10:30 AM
Left Hand Remington Stocks
Latest: SupressYourself
Monday at 8:41 AM
What are you listening to these days?
Latest: svnmag
Sunday at 11:14 PM
Banks Stump Feeder
Latest: Shockwave
Saturday at 11:24 PM
FLOCK Cameras...Thoughts
Latest: Jiffy
Saturday at 9:51 PM
L
EHD is back..AGAIN!
Latest: LBrandt
Friday at 6:03 PM
D
Any youth hunter stories?
Latest: dsharp83
Friday at 12:20 PM
Sale
6.5 Creed Barrel - Savage
Latest: SupressYourself
Friday at 8:39 AM
Sale
4 Youth Model rifles
Latest: Lycanthrope
Thursday at 12:11 PM
Friends of NDA
Forums
General
General Discussion
Jim Shockey rips Canadian officials after bear attack and deaths of mother/infant.
Top
Bottom