Yellow Jackets

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im at war with a swarm of Yellow Jackets that has decided to build under my daughters bedroom, Im guessing in the crawl space. I noticed a large amount of them going in spot under my siding at ground level.
Ive tryed soaking the area in hornet spray but that didnt work. Im looking at putting down sevin dust, Has anyone used this stuff? how well does it work

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they exit/enter at a single location, a vacuum hose placed there will catch a lot of them in a few hours. Other than that youll have to go in and remove the nest manually I think, or at least douse it with insect killer. Id go stronger than sevin for wasps. Check out this link:
http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/wasp.htm

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tempo dust with a puffer. Amazon sells them. They carry the dust into the hive and spread it around. Works awesome.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is an idea. Where they are entering/exiting your house, take some strings of yarn, tie them together on one end and leave the other ends hanging, make them about 1 foot long. Coat the yarn in tempo dust and then duct tape it above where they are exiting/entering, so they are forced to crawl through the strands on their way in and out. I be this would work great, make a video or take pictures so you can post how it works!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lycan the only thing with that is that is if it blocks off their easy path in and out i dont want them looking for a new way in or out and possibly making it into my house.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont think it would, I dont know what that area looks like, but if they are used to going a certain way, they would still try to get in, for a while at least, enough to get dust back into the hive. Its worth a try at least... If its a small area, just hang 3-4 strands of yarn, if its wider maybe hang a few more, so they have to go through, but not so much its difficult for them to enter.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
dynamite. for sure. make sure your daughter isn't in her room.

seven dust sucks.

hats work pretty well at knockn em out of the sky.

i'd try a hat before the dynamite approach.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 62
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19