Boycott Patagonia?

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
"What don't you like about either Patagonia or sitka. From a use stand point? I like hearing how people have put their gear through the paces and why they do or don't like it.

Oh.never said I didn't like they're cloths,just said over rated $ wise,couple years ago I jumped onboard with sitka as a staffer,even then the prostaff prices were expensive,Some of the sitka gear I own is okay but it pisses me off when they out source to china! "made in china" tags!

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
"What don't you like about either Patagonia or sitka. From a use stand point? I like hearing how people have put their gear through the paces and why they do or don't like it.

Oh.never said I didn't like they're cloths,just said over rated $ wise,couple years ago I jumped onboard with sitka as a staffer,even then the prostaff prices were expensive,Some of the sitka gear I own is okay but it pisses me off when they out source to china! "made in china" tags!

Sitka is made in China? Looks like I am boycotting Sitka now.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all the boycotting lately, I have started boycotting boycotting and I hate myself for it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Wear do you buy made in the USA technical clothes? Dollar for dollar what performs better?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
For what its worth Kurt, I’ve never been a Patagonia shopper anyway and I sure as hell don’t like Defenders of Wildlife. As far as the monument decision goes, I’m pretty on the fence. Good things and bad either way. But for the sake of argument Backcounty Hunters and Anglers has come out opposed to the decision as well. Should we also disparage them? I certainly won’t.

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only people I know that wear Patagonia are the ones who wear it because it is the cool brand to wear, and not because they are using the gear for function. I'll leave the Patagonia to the granola eating city slickers........

This is so perfect.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
For what its worth Kurt, I’ve never been a Patagonia shopper anyway and I sure as hell don’t like Defenders of Wildlife. As far as the monument decision goes, I’m pretty on the fence. Good things and bad either way. But for the sake of argument Backcounty Hunters and Anglers has come out opposed to the decision as well. Should we also disparage them? I certainly won’t.

I don't know. I am a member but I don't like land Tawney what he has done before bha being part of the hfh debacle and what not. I like the idea but don't agree with all of their stand points. It's picking the lesser of two evils I guess. If a guy digs deep enough I am sure there is a reason not to like any group short of starting your own. I am not saying any one is a bad person for buying Patagonia just putting info out there with out trying to put my slant on it to much. It's nice to read stuff not laced with opinion so people can make their own mind up.

- - - Updated - - -

My Beretta stuff is Chitalian too... :;:huh

I think it is easier to name stuff made in America than not. I will start.

Kifaru

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
The only people I know that wear Patagonia are the ones who wear it because it is the cool brand to wear, and not because they are using the gear for function. I'll leave the Patagonia to the granola eating city slickers........

I don't know anyone who wears it. Maybe I do but dont pay attention to what other people wear.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a couple people and can only hope to be as good of a hunter as they are some day

nybs

Honored Member
pat hat.jpg
Damnit...

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t own anything Patagonia. If this was Carhartt then well I guess I would have a serious decision to make lol

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is so perfect.

Yes. The REAL tree-huggers can't afford the stuff, and wouldn't wear anything made with modern tech anyhow. Gore-Tex has to have some heritage in the petroleum family.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know anyone who wears it. Maybe I do but dont pay attention to what other people wear.

Look around next time you're at the mall, a hockey game, or a soccer game.

deactivated

★★ Legendary Member
Yes. The REAL tree-huggers can't afford the stuff, and wouldn't wear anything made with modern tech anyhow. Gore-Tex has to have some heritage in the petroleum family.

- - - Updated - - -

Look around next time you're at the mall, a hockey game, or a soccer game.

I would prefer to keep on not giving a shit about what other people wear.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of sportsmen's group are both sides of this issue, which displays how controversial it is.

In these instances, hunting and fishing were lumped into the same group as oil/wind energy development and we were told we impact the resource. Those wilderness areas have been hunted for generations and USED by sportsman. Monument status put us out and put those acres into more protection, more in line with a national park. National parks are great, but I sure would love to hunt in them.....

With responsible use, I believe this was the right decision (to overturn) and I disagree with BHA on this one. And Patagonia. Didnt they take a stance on standing rock as well? Maybe i'm wrong. But if so, F those guys.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 157
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55