Boycott Patagonia?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure millions will eventually be given to the states out west. They will be sold. The end to the checkerboards is a welcome proposal. But, it won't end there.

I dont know i think what happened to jason chaffetz was eye opening to alot of politicians. Proper management of areas would negate alot of the reasons that people who want state control are using. The major problem is we have the people who want nothing done on it and then the ones who want to destroy it all. its the middle of the road people who understand regulated industry can be very beneficial to both environment and business that need to find a way to have our voice heard.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and the more i look the more patagonia sucks a big donkey dong on there stances they are suing over the de listing of the grizzly bear.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
grizzly bears often find that Patagonia gear makes for a tasty coating on their main entree

- - - Updated - - -

chewy on the outside, moist and delicious inside

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is 100% false information

Do you have any idea what a national monument is? Because it very different than a national park.

When national monuments are created all previous allowed uses are typically grandfathered in. Including hunting, oil and gas leases, mining, grazing, camping, and motorized vehicles.

Bears Ear national monument currently has all of the above. It even has permitted uranium mine.

I wouldnt say 100%. But thanks for some clarification. I didnt realize all of those uses are maintained with the current designation, but monument status makes it easier to revoke them in the future.

My statement is true that those acres have been hunted and utilized by sportsman. Its true that monument status adds more protection to those acres or else there would be no point in the designation. And its true that monument status in "more in line with a national park," I didnt say it becomes a NP. Just that its one step closer. My opinion, its fine if you disagree.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i hope you guys are right that they will remain public lands. i also agree we need to do a better job of adhering to principles of multiple use and management. i really don't care if its state or federal. but, i think the chances of it leaving public ownership increase a lot if turned over to the states. simply because it will be an easier process. we need to find a way to make these lands be net gain on the pocket books of taxpayers. not a net loss. its frustrating.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt said what I was going to. Fight any transfer guys. You are part owner. I’m part owner. And I say “not for sale”.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
The reason there's sportsman's groups on both sides of the issue is because most hunters think they should be able to drive wherever they think they need to go. Make these areas roadless and there won't be any issue.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would argue that transferring to the states will guarantee that they get sold to private industry. Most of the states have in their constitutions that they have to make money on their state lands or by law, they must be sold. Many of the pro-transfer folks like to reference the Utah study where they said most of the time they could afford to keep the would-be transferred lines if oil stayed at $70/barrel or higher. It’s been below that for 2 years, much of that time below even $50. Those lands would have been sold before there was time to put up “under new management” signs. I’ll stick with the enemy I know and try to fix that situation first.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Listened to Stan's Dad meateater audio. It was good. A very good summary. Very neutral. Look at the sponsors:

First Light, SG, Federal Premium, Vortex, Schnee's, Yeti, Savage Arms, Weston

A good bunch.

Patagonia Owner Calls Trump "Evil" While His Company Continues Funding Planned Parenthood

https://2ndvote.com/patagonia-owner-calls-trump-evil-company-continues-funding-planned-parenthood/

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Patagonia Owner Calls Trump "Evil" While His Company Continues Funding Planned Parenthood

https://2ndvote.com/patagonia-owner-calls-trump-evil-company-continues-funding-planned-parenthood/

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 7