Kovash marine

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody had experience with them? If so what's your thoughts? I know I have some exceptional ones as of right now! Not going to go into detail as of now but let me tell you what.....its complete bullshit! And NO THIS IS NOT RIVERFISHER or what ever the hell his handle was.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like buying parts there because usually they have what I want in-stock and I don't have to know the part number, just tell them what I need and they get me the right thing. Other than that, they've done a couple of oil changes for me and that's been done properly as well.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have been in business for years never heard a bad thing. What's up

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is that where you were buying the Skeeter 2060?

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dad just had a new livewell pump installed and when we got onto the water it didn't pump any water into the livewell, but was running. So stupid. Otherwise they've been good.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anybody had experience with them? If so what's your thoughts? I know I have some exceptional ones as of right now! Not going to go into detail as of now but let me tell you what.....its complete bullshit! And NO THIS IS NOT RIVERFISHER or what ever the hell his handle was.

Did it involve forged documents for a loan??

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a trailer from them. I dealt with the main guy and we struck a deal for about $200 less than what he advertised it for. I called back to make sure he didn't take the spare tire and carrier off before I get there(had a hunch). He said that's what he was going to do and "how did you know the spare tire and carrier was on the trailer?". I said my dad took a picture of the trailer when he went through. He then said he wanted another $200 for the trailer. I said "You said you were going to give me break off the ad price and it's not a break when you start pulling parts off". Eventually I said whatever and I was on my way to pick it up. When I got there he made it right, but he was going to try pull a fast one and I caught him on it. In the end I got what I was looking for, but I would have been without a spare on the trailer if I didn't have a keen eye. He's quite the talker so just watch yourself.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah - typical great sales guy behavior

"yep, sure, we can do that... no problem. Yes."

all can-do and goodness until you ask hard questions or have an issue - suddenly they shift attitude, aren't chatty kathy anymore, don't have time to address issues, pretty darn busy, gotta go, etc.

honestly - sales people really make me scratch my head how they can be so maleable

sorta like politicians

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they are giving you the runaround you can pull out of the deal. No harm no foul

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay so the issue is that I had went and looked at the boat last Friday evening. Everything is good on the boat minus a few minor issues. They were closed on Friday when I looked at it and then were closed for the weekend. I called them Monday afternoon and told them I was going to purchase this boat. I was not able to talk to the owner at Kovash as he was out of the office. They asked if I could send them what I found with the boat through e-mail. I did that on Tuesday. The return e-mail I received stated that they had a deal pending on this boat even though they knew I was going to buy it. I could not put money down as I live 3.5 hrs away and wanted to make sure they would fix a few issues. The guy called them back later that afternoon and bought it. Long story short they fucked me out of this boat. Im pissed off about it is all. Pretty shitty thing to do to a guy.

- - - Updated - - -

That and I have been asking to talk to the owner on the phone but I only receive e-mails from them. Not sure if its the owner sending them or not. Im thinking not just by the way some of the info in them is.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ehh...money in hand will win out every time in any kind of sale. Sounds like they went with the "for sure" sale route which any salesman would do. Sorry you lost out. It's the difficult part about buying away from home. Salesman doesn't get paid on hope this person buys it and the other person might not have required the fixed issues.

Sucks...but I get it.

dwos03

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only ever got parts there. As stated before, they usually have what you need in stock so that's what I like about them. Salesmen can be snakes like that anywhere.... I'm sorry to hear you got screwed out of this boat. Sounds like a shitty deal.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go buy a new sparkle boat from a different dealer. Then take a pic shaking hands with the salesman and send it to Kovash.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I understand the frustration, but they didn't fuck you out of anything. First money down wins, you could have put money down right away Monday morning via credit card. I've sold plenty of things and its amazing how many people back out of shit after they "say they are going to buy them" Money talks, bullshit walks.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would you have still bought the boat from Kovash if you had found another one for a cheaper price while on your way to finalize the deal?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6