Pittbull breed, what do you think?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, "can" is certainly one way to look at it. The reality though is if you're going to play around a bear, there's a ranking in which we would all assess the relative risk of being killed. This tends to be the way a larger fraction of the population looks at it in a little more detail.

The most dangerous bears ranked according to their record of attacking humans are12:
  • Polar bears. They are the deadliest, but live in remote areas where human encounters are rare.
  • Grizzly bears. They have a higher record of attacking humans, especially when defending their cubs or food sources.
  • Kamchatka brown bears. They are a subspecies of grizzly bears that live in Russia and are known for their aggressive behavior.
  • Sun bears. They are the smallest bears, but have powerful jaws and claws that can inflict serious injuries.
  • American black bears. They are the most common bears in North America and usually avoid humans, but can attack when provoked or hungry.
  • Giant pandas. They are herbivorous, but can bite and scratch when threatened or annoyed.
  • Sloth bears. They are insectivorous, but can attack humans who disturb their nests or cubs.
Not sure what this all has to do with calling pits shit dogs and no one should own one. :unsure:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure what this all has to do with calling pits shit dogs and no one should own one. :unsure:

Pick a purpose for owning a dog, and unless that purpose is to attack someone...there are better options.

Now, if you are running a meth lab and need to keep unsavory types from stealing your product, by all means...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should eliminate the entire breed! There's enough breeds of dogs out there that there is no need for one that has the incredible strength of this breed. My neighbor's pit broke it's chain, a real chain btw, and i grabbed it for him. The dog was not aggressive, thank God, because that dog was so strong I could barely stop it. And it didn't seem to be riled, just a little determined.

Any dog no matter the breed can snap, I think we all agree on that. The physical attributes of this dog is why they are shit. Wolves are dogs too, should we be owning them?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pick a purpose for owning a dog, and unless that purpose is to attack someone...there are better options.

Now, if you are running a meth lab and need to keep unsavory types from stealing your product, by all means...
Well if we are going to start down that road then not sure where you are going to end up. If your purpose for owning a gun is to just plink there are better options than an AR......

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since you seem to like Wiki, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull.

Make sure to read the section labeled "Dog attack and Death Risk".
nope not going to change my mind been around dogs nearly all my life, its my personal experience that some dogs are more intimidating then other breeds but I refuse to blame the dog for learning BAD habits or behaviors where some habits/behaviors can be detrimental to other humans and dogs. simple fix would be to hold owners accountable for their dogs bad behavior/habits. That's what is happening to gun owners, in some states, who allow their (owners) guns to be used in a criminal offense like a mass killing. Im all for holding people accountable for the irresponsible actions

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

What if you run pigs and need a catch dog?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should eliminate the entire breed! There's enough breeds of dogs out there that there is no need for one that has the incredible strength of this breed. My neighbor's pit broke it's chain, a real chain btw, and i grabbed it for him. The dog was not aggressive, thank God, because that dog was so strong I could barely stop it. And it didn't seem to be riled, just a little determined.

Any dog no matter the breed can snap, I think we all agree on that. The physical attributes of this dog is why they are shit. Wolves are dogs too, should we be owning them?
What about all the mastiff breeds or the dogo argentino ? All way bigger and stronger than any bully breed.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Point I was making is holding people accountable for their actions, I see in California you can be sued if your dog bites another person or damages property.
https://www.stimmel-law.com/en/arti...nia is one of the,that your dog was dangerous.
Make this a law in every state problem solved, you want to own a dog that is prone to aggressive behavior and don't properly teach your dog to suppress those urges to attack then you should have to pay through the teeth. Instead of punishing everyone else who can properly maintain and manage their dogs by banning everyone outright Instead hold those irresponsible people accountable for thier dogs bad behaviors., It's really that easy

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
pretty sure you can be sued in every state if your dog bites someone. chances of success will vary from place to place, juror to juror and specific facts surrounding said lawsuit of course.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Point I was making is holding people accountable for their actions, I see in California you can be sued if your dog bites another person or damages property.
https://www.stimmel-law.com/en/articles/dog-law-california-protecting-dog-and-protecting-peopleanimals-dog#:~:text=California is one of the,that your dog was dangerous.
Make this a law in every state problem solved, you want to own a dog that is prone to aggressive behavior and don't properly teach your dog to suppress those urges to attack then you should have to pay through the teeth. Instead of punishing everyone else who can properly maintain and manage their dogs by banning everyone outright Instead hold those irresponsible people accountable for thier dogs bad behaviors., It's really that easy

There are already laws in place for holding people accountable for the actions of their dogs. The problem is most pit owners I've run across tend to be lower income types of people who have nothing to lose if they get sued.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are already laws in place for holding people accountable for the actions of their dogs. The problem is most pit owners I've run across tend to be lower income types of people who have nothing to lose if they get sued.
Ah yes that's why I brought up guns used in a criminal way like a mass shootings as an example throw the dumbass in jail and then sue them in a criminal proceeding rather then a small claims court case that way you can go after all future earnings. Accountability

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah yes that's why I brought up guns used in a criminal way like a mass shootings as an example throw the dumbass in jail and then sue them in a criminal proceeding rather then a small claims court case that way you can go after all future earnings. Accountability

Near as I can tell, the average pit owner will not have $1,000,000 in earnings over the course of their adult life, so suing them gets you nothing if there's a loss of life or major medical expenses.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Near as I can tell, the average pit owner will not have $1,000,000 in earnings over the course of their adult life, so suing them gets you nothing if there's a loss of life or major medical expenses.
making examples Allen same as any other reason you make things an example as to not do what this person does, you aren't going to change my mind on banning a whole set of dogs because on a few bad owners. even so where did you come up with 1,000,000 dollars in medical bills or someone's life worth ever heard of negligent homicide, are you over exaggerating the million dollars or do you have any examples of your bag of stats do provide me with an example of this million dollar medical bill for a dog bite, or are you like the guy in my meme did on the other thread that's very distasteful of you, shame on you.😏

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Silver lab owners are lucky to be able to not be mouth breathers their whole life.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What about all the mastiff breeds or the dogo argentino ? All way bigger and stronger than any bully breed.
Kurtr have you ever watched documentary on the Siberian fox and how they were able to breed the wild out of the foxes genetics. They were able to provide evidence that breeding two foxes with less aggressive traits actually also begin to change the color of the coats.
They can do the same with American pitbull terriers and the other pitbull types that you can find the genetic markers that give these dogs thier aggressive behavior and only breed those offspring.
There also a guy on YouTube that does videos with wolves that have been tamed to a certain extent but what I found intriguing was that only the pups of wolves actually bark like our domesticated dogs breeds.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33