Pittbull breed, what do you think?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
making examples Allen same as any other reason you make things an example as to not do what this person does, you aren't going to change my mind on banning a whole set of dogs because on a few bad owners. even so where did you come up with 1,000,000 dollars in medical bills or someone's life worth ever heard of negligent homicide, are you over exaggerating the million dollars or do you have any examples of your bag of stats do provide me with an example of this million dollar medical bill for a dog bite, or are you like the guy in my meme did on the other thread that's very distasteful of you, shame on you.😏
I am pretty sure what Allen is stating is that the owner of the pit wont every likely earn over $1,000,000 in their lifetime, so if their shitty dog mulls or kills my kid, that million isn't gonna be enough to cover my loss.

Pretty unusual to see a white collar fella that makes bank running a shitty aggressive breed of dog up and down the street. Pits are like their owners, and they are not living in the penthouse.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurtr have you ever watched documentary on the Siberian fox and how they were able to breed the wild out of the foxes genetics. They were able to provide evidence that breeding two foxes with less aggressive traits actually also begin to change the color of the coats.
They can do the same with American pitbull terriers and the other pitbull types that you can find the genetic markers that give these dogs thier aggressive behavior and only breed those offspring.
There also a guy on YouTube that does videos with wolves that have been tamed to a certain extent but what I found intriguing was that only the pups of wolves actually bark like our domesticated dogs breeds.
I haven’t but I believe it. There have been some real good retrievers not bred because they were reactive.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is getting downright stupid!

Seems like some here think it ok to have a Pitt just to try and " prove" the rest of us wrong?

For the love of God...., just get a better breed,!!,
That goes for most pet dogs . They have ruined a lot of good breeds and made them nothing more than a shadow of what they were doing their job. Golden retrievers top that list with German shepards not far behind. Gordon setters are damn hard to find lines that actually hunt.

I think huskies are the meanest most unpredictable dogs I have been around. Those blue eyed fuckers look like they are ready to snap at any point but why wouldn’t they when they are in a stuck house not pulling sleds so not really their fault.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Case in point dogs need a job and training

IMG_2502.jpeg

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was Turkey hunting and a pack of 4 wild dogs stumbled onto me. I had 3 shots. The dog that didn't get shot ran off. The pit bull that I blew the bottom jaw off, kept coming for me. It was trying to eat me. Luckily it's bottom jaw wasn't usable. Unreal!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am pretty sure what Allen is stating is that the owner of the pit wont every likely earn over $1,000,000 in their lifetime, so if their shitty dog mulls or kills my kid, that million isn't gonna be enough to cover my loss.

Pretty unusual to see a white collar fella that makes bank running a shitty aggressive breed of dog up and down the street. Pits are like their owners, and they are not living in the penthouse.
You are assuming that right because of your own prejudices against one certain dog breed that has a bad reputation for shitty dog owners period. How come we don't outlaw other dog breeds that cause fatalities why does the pitbull get all the credits. Let just ban all aggressive dogs period they all can cause serious bodily injuries if provoked. One single out one when they all can cause serious injuries if provoked.
What an assine concept

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cattle, pigs, dogs, sheep, bear, people, roosters elephants, hornets and every other living creature on the planet have one thing in common, a certain percentage of any one of them can and will become violent at any given time (Hornets are the worst) and It's not always bred into them and not always because of abuse or mistreatment. I call it being wired wrong from the factory.

Ask any farmer/rancher and they will agree that you can farrow out 500 sows or calve out 500 cows that were all treated the same and they are mostly friendly but some just aren't and are NOT to be trusted. Farmers/ranchers send the bad ones to market to maintain a good herd, It's called selective breeding.

I wish I would have learned more of my dad's knowledge of dogs, he raised some awesome cattle dogs. They were either smart and trainable or gone, taken for a walk and died an instant death VIA 12 gauge to back of the head when they were having a happy time in their life and had no idea it was coming.

I'm happy for people who are willing to do justice to abandon pets but I have a problem with some of these non profit orgs who intentionally misrepresent a dogs breed and/or character to try to get it adopted. Then add a crappy animal handler with an animal with aggressive traits and the problem compounds itself.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iv'e wanted another dog for a long time but I just can't make myself do it after putting our last dog down and we travel too much to leave a dog at home alone and don't want to travel with one.

"Sparky" our cat seems to do just fine home alone long term, no matter how long we are gone the house always looks exactly as it did when we left and sparky only needs a 20 second belly rub to show our affection and he is good and walks away.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a feeling theres more to this story then that we will ever know but what I do know for sure is two idiot humans met at a dog park and things went south from there. The owner of the dog that got stabbed thought he was above the law , he admitted that he has been doing it for years and I don't feel a damn bit sorry for him and he deserves a good kick the nuts. The dog was the victim thanks to another idiot . If the leash law bothered the stabber so bad he should have stabbed the dumb ass owner and not a poor dog that had no say in the matter. People piss me off

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This story really bothers me , I read it again and it pissed me off worse the second time. At first the dog was stabbed by a stranger and then it twisted to “I seen the guy and his dog coming, I didn’t think nothing of it because Blue had already met his dog and I’ve already met this guy two or three other times.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dog parks are the worst thing ever. I would like to here the other guys side of the story before passing judgment but as it stands now I hope he gets anal cancer and dies a long horrible death.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually I would wager my post is definitely leaning more towards the right its the left who wants to ban everything because some people are just to 😱 to hold people accountable for their (dogs) actions. Easy fix but noooo let's put every one in the same boat regardless if some dog owners are responsible.
Update have you figured out the common denominator is of the videos I post?
They are all about pit bulls that are well disciplined and the last one proves that even a pitbull that was trained to fight for competition can be retrained to live a happy functional life. I bet even @Kurtr would agree with me that my videos prove that there is no such thing as a bad dog just a bad owners.
I mentioned that because your ideas are based upon feelings instead of logic and fact. So you just want to lock people up that own a pittbull that kills someone, instead of actually solving the problem? Pittbulls are an aggressive and dangerous breed, most dogs that attack arent abused or trained to do so by their owners, that is JUST HOW THEY ARE genetically. Your solution of locking up a 20 year old single woman for life for murder because she was stupid enough to belive the "its not the dog, its the owner" narrative doesnt solve the problem and would further hurt our society.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I mentioned that because your ideas are based upon feelings instead of logic and fact. So you just want to lock people up that own a pittbull that kills someone, instead of actually solving the problem? Pittbulls are an aggressive and dangerous breed, most dogs that attack arent abused or trained to do so by their owners, that is JUST HOW THEY ARE genetically. Your solution of locking up a 20 year old single woman for life for murder because she was stupid enough to belive the "its not the dog, its the owner" narrative doesnt solve the problem and would further hurt our society.
America if I don’t like it let’s ban it…….

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have given you my solution to solving the problem with a few examples , but they aren't good enough for you. You just want to outright ban a dog who gets a bad reputation for a few examples where most likely the problem is not solely on the dog but an owners lack of knowledge in preparing this dog for life's everyday challenges.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone besides me remember when there was a member who came on either nda or fishing buddy to ask for help with his problem, he wasn't sure what he should do about his family pet after his family had a child. I wonder if the member is still here and what he decided to do ? It was in regards to a dog who was showing aggression towards his child and what type of dog was it and what was the solution he came up with.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was at Saloon No.10 in Deadwood on Wednesday night,
A couple had a female pit in the bar and she was sitting on the guys lap.
Only thing this sweet dog wanted was attention, as when people would walk by she would put a smile on her face and rapidly wag her tail hoping someone would stop to pet her.
Screenshot_20230917_051745_X.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alcohol kills more people , gets more kids abused and killed and costs more in medical bills than pit bull attacks and it’s not protected in the constitution. Ban it.

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Alcohol kills more people , gets more kids abused and killed and costs more in medical bills than pit bull attacks and it’s not protected in the constitution. Ban it.
At least alcohol won't drag you to your back yard and start eating you. But I'm sure flunker will say the old lady was abusing the dog

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33