Golf Cart Questions

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking for the cheapest way to get this baby running, then maybe burn and turn it this fall, or next spring.
It wont be run all day on a golf course its a beat around the camp ground in the running from camper to bathroom to buddies camper type of situation that requires about 2 hours a weekend of actual use.

I didn't personally look at the battery compartment, but the fella I am getting it from stated 8 batteries.
The cost of reconfiguring the battery holders will likely be counterproductive. I'd just get the 6's and call it good.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never been that lucky, but might be worth a try. I haven't looked at them, but it has been in a Quonset for a few winters, and am guessing the batteries are bulged.
It's worth a try , Yesterday I started a tractor that Iv'e owned for 10 years , It came with an interstate battery that was faded from the sun when I got it and still the same battery , The sticker with the date that it came with is 3/4s gone so no way of telling how old it is. It's a magneto tractor so there in no draw on the battery other than about 2 seconds when I start it , I charge it once in the spring and once in the fall with one of those new fangled electronic chargers. It started right up yesterday before the spring charge, I feel lucky. The biggest culprit is over charging them IMO.
This is the very first Interstate battery I've had good luck with.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28