Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101
  1. Back To Top    #21
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    4,523
    NDA Points
    326,223
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,473
    Given: 6,200
    Classifieds
    1

    I mean the gabe/fritz/plainsman-esque nature of arguing about something then posting someone else's article, effectively claiming king of the internet. I still prefer the "go fist yourself" responses. much more to the point.

    3 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  2. Back To Top    #22
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    NW Angle, MN and Little Chicago, ND
    Posts
    563
    NDA Points
    9,825
    NDA Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 1,135
    Classifieds
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    Come on, don't become one of them. This place is already noticeably less fun.
    Then why do so many read what they don't like??? I don't read the grab ass Jr. High threads (of which there are a lot of).
    But if I rarely do I don't go to the key board and bitch about it. I find what Kurt just posted educational. JMHO.

    1 Not allowed!
    "Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." Porky Pine 12/25/1973

  3. Back To Top    #23
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Kurtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mobridge,Sd
    Posts
    4,062
    NDA Points
    44,206
    NDA Level
    92
    Report Entries
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,030
    Given: 1,352
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    I mean the gabe/fritz/plainsman-esque nature of arguing about something then posting someone else's article, effectively claiming king of the internet. I still prefer the "go fist yourself" responses. much more to the point.
    I never claimed I wrote or that is my article. I said it was sdgfp and it is on their website. Thought posting good info was a good thing. If you want I can just say they are dumb fucks and should keep searching for a clue and just making it up as they go. Fuck me I guess I don't know what I should do any more

    5 Not allowed!
    "Keep Hammering". Cam Hanes

  4. Back To Top    #24
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    4,523
    NDA Points
    326,223
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,473
    Given: 6,200
    Classifieds
    1
    Good lord I know you didn't claim to write the article. The point is lost on you. Carry on. Go team South Dakota!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zogman View Post
    Then why do so many read what they don't like??? I don't read the grab ass Jr. High threads (of which there are a lot of).
    But if I rarely do I don't go to the key board and bitch about it. I find what Kurt just posted educational. JMHO.
    Cool story bro.

    0 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  5. Back To Top    #25
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Drifting the high plains
    Posts
    2,304
    NDA Points
    12,098
    NDA Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,136
    Given: 1,411
    Classifieds
    1
    Kurtr I had a fellow that drove every day from Aberdeen to work with me. He had worked with pheasants, and for a short time with Pheasants Forever. Maybe the Game and Fish isn't releasing pheasants, but other groups sure release a lot of them.

    birds flushed are 5:1 roosters to hens.
    Yes, and Canvasbacks are the only game bird I am familiar with that has an off balance sex ratio. Pheasants don't survive the high wind blizzards of the Dakota's. They barely hang on without stocking in Nebraska.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. Back To Top    #26
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Kurtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mobridge,Sd
    Posts
    4,062
    NDA Points
    44,206
    NDA Level
    92
    Report Entries
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,030
    Given: 1,352
    Classifieds
    1
    Not fucking worth it......

    1 Not allowed!
    "Keep Hammering". Cam Hanes

  7. Back To Top    #27
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    4,523
    NDA Points
    326,223
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,473
    Given: 6,200
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtr View Post
    Not fucking worth it......
    You got that right.

    1 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  8. Back To Top    #28
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Kurtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mobridge,Sd
    Posts
    4,062
    NDA Points
    44,206
    NDA Level
    92
    Report Entries
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,030
    Given: 1,352
    Classifieds
    1
    Something came in the mail today

    0 Not allowed!
    "Keep Hammering". Cam Hanes

  9. Back To Top    #29
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Enslow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,791
    NDA Points
    4,693
    NDA Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,124
    Given: 34
    THe NDGF makes decisions based upon revenue reports and what they are told to do by the governor and the legislature. The end.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I just want to see a detailed report outlining the expenditures used to trap, tranquilize, and GPS collar mountain lions in the Theodore Roosevelt park. That would be an interesting read with a cup of Coffee.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. Back To Top    #30
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Kurtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mobridge,Sd
    Posts
    4,062
    NDA Points
    44,206
    NDA Level
    92
    Report Entries
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,030
    Given: 1,352
    Classifieds
    1
    First what is a good load for the .243 with nosler partition. Thinking i might go that way with the kids rifle this year

    Second i got reprimanded for posting a report about pheasants. The mountain lion report would be a good read think of all the pheasant stocking they could have done with mountain lion money

    0 Not allowed!
    "Keep Hammering". Cam Hanes

  11. Back To Top    #31
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Drifting the high plains
    Posts
    2,304
    NDA Points
    12,098
    NDA Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,136
    Given: 1,411
    Classifieds
    1
    Kurt I loaded W760 with 100 gr Partition for my kids 30 years ago. I was getting a little over 3000fps. I see the load manuals have backed off from that. I suppose the powders have changed over the years. Hybrid 100V looks like a super powder for the 100 gr pills now. Over 3100 with the Partition would be devastating. I used W760 because we shot a lot and we didn't have to trickle ball powder.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. Back To Top    #32
    VIP Member
    Obi-Wan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    918
    NDA Points
    27,381
    NDA Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 700
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
    You got that right.
    Here you go Mike it sounds like you need one of these
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  16.6 KB

    0 Not allowed!
    I don't always get negative reps..... But when I do it's because some crybaby couldn't handle my posts!

  13. Back To Top    #33
    Ultimate VIP Member
    eyexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    williston
    Posts
    2,555
    NDA Points
    10,465
    NDA Level
    44
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,639
    Given: 1,729
    I don't put much faith in the brood count of pheasants on years like this because the pheasants have gone to where there is water and game and fish aren't checking broods in those area's for the most part.

    0 Not allowed!

  14. Back To Top    #34
    Ultimate VIP Member
    DirtyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    4,523
    NDA Points
    326,223
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,473
    Given: 6,200
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtr View Post
    First what is a good load for the .243 with nosler partition. Thinking i might go that way with the kids rifle this year

    Second i got reprimanded for posting a report about pheasants. The mountain lion report would be a good read think of all the pheasant stocking they could have done with mountain lion money
    I entirely believe the point was lost on you. I was no reprimanding you. It was actually a good read. Pick up that bottom lip now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
    Here you go Mike it sounds like you need one of these
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  16.6 KB
    good one. I like snickers while I'm out bowhunting in years of no rifle tag.

    0 Not allowed!
    <img src=http://nodakangler.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=229&dateline=1429714759 border=0 alt= />
    NPAA #939

  15. Back To Top    #35
    Premium Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    393
    NDA Points
    3,700
    NDA Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 329
    Got a kick out of the ND Outdoors article stating "Winter aerial surveys were not conducted in the Sheyenne, James and southern Red River Valley due to inadequate snow cover. " WTF??? There was a good 2 feet by mid-December!

    0 Not allowed!

  16. Back To Top    #36
    Ultimate VIP Member
    dean nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bismarck
    Posts
    2,945
    NDA Points
    91,558
    NDA Level
    100
    Report Entries
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,595
    Given: 1,538
    Classifieds
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
    Kurtr I had a fellow that drove every day from Aberdeen to work with me. He had worked with pheasants, and for a short time with Pheasants Forever. Maybe the Game and Fish isn't releasing pheasants, but other groups sure release a lot of them.

    Yes, and Canvasbacks are the only game bird I am familiar with that has an off balance sex ratio. Pheasants don't survive the high wind blizzards of the Dakota's. They barely hang on without stocking in Nebraska.
    Show us ANY large scale stocking effort in ND in the last 30 years! Your best bet is 93 through 99 where you might find something. Fact is pheasants are self sustaining in ND and have been since the soil bank years. Hell NE trouble is they are getting to far south and have a huge lack of upland cover!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSportsman View Post
    Got a kick out of the ND Outdoors article stating "Winter aerial surveys were not conducted in the Sheyenne, James and southern Red River Valley due to inadequate snow cover. " WTF??? There was a good 2 feet by mid-December!
    Yep but they didnt fly till January when it looked like this.

    Name:  Screenshot_20170913-221537.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  117.9 KB

    0 Not allowed!

  17. Back To Top    #37
    Ultimate VIP Member

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Drifting the high plains
    Posts
    2,304
    NDA Points
    12,098
    NDA Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,136
    Given: 1,411
    Classifieds
    1
    Show us ANY large scale stocking effort in ND in the last 30 years!
    Your probably right about large scale Dean. Where I go shooting west of my house I have to drive slow because of all the dumb young released pheasants on the road. It takes them at least a week to learn to stay off the road. I think they release about 500 every year over about four sections. I don't think the state has been doing much, but local clubs are still releasing. I think it's the Wildlife Federation that released in many spots around Jamestown. United Sportsmen may release some to, I don't know. Combine all the small clubs around the state and a lot of birds get released.

    1 Not allowed!

  18. Back To Top    #38
    Ultimate VIP Member
    Davey Crockett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Boondocks
    Posts
    2,679
    NDA Points
    20,525
    NDA Level
    62
    Report Entries
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,698
    Given: 1,806
    In the olden days there were a lot of pheasants on the prairie around here , Back then farmers summer fallowed and didn't have straw choppers on their combines or big harrows to break up the straw so they burned the swaths of straw in the spring. My Dad was born in 1920 and told many a pheasant hunting story by the late 50s pheasant were few and far between around here.

    1 Not allowed!
    Life is Good

  19. Back To Top    #39
    VIP Member
    Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lincoln, kinda...
    Posts
    1,246
    NDA Points
    12,215
    NDA Level
    47
    Report Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,169
    Given: 553
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieGhost View Post
    Your probably right about large scale Dean. Where I go shooting west of my house I have to drive slow because of all the dumb young released pheasants on the road. It takes them at least a week to learn to stay off the road. I think they release about 500 every year over about four sections. I don't think the state has been doing much, but local clubs are still releasing. I think it's the Wildlife Federation that released in many spots around Jamestown. United Sportsmen may release some to, I don't know. Combine all the small clubs around the state and a lot of birds get released.

    500 birds is about the number I'd run across on a section of land out west around 10 years ago. I'd think you'd want to be releasing a hell of a lot more than that if your goal was to provide a regional stocking of birds.

    0 Not allowed!

  20. Back To Top    #40
    VIP Member
    shorthairsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,494
    NDA Points
    34,848
    NDA Level
    81
    Report Entries
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 819
    Given: 250
    Classifieds
    1

    Good article Kurt.

    1 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About Nodak Angler

    NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter