Stranded boat in spillway

300sktr

Established Member
Anybody know what happened to boat that was grounded in southeast corner of spillway on Sakakawea this morning? Walked down to boat about 11 o'clock and downriggers hanging out with a rod still in rod holder. Contacted sheriff dept and said they would send out someone to check on it. Other cars parked in southeast parking area and no body knew anything. So just curious if anybody has any more info.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
NOT good!! Hope I don't have to send prayers for strength for grieving family members in the near future.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree KDM. Nothing on the news as of yet, so I hope this ends well with "crisis averted".

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes, hope nobody was hurt.

I'm fuzzy though. SE corner of Spillway on Lake Sak? I'm not sure where you're pointing..

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
main lake - very near spillway gates, SE corner of main lake?

is what I’m picturing anyway

downriggers out/rods in holders - very scary scenario

maybe just engine trouble - beached it - going to retrieve later?

hope so

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
se dam.jpg

This area???

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The downriggers out and rod in the holder is what gave me the shivers. Beaching a boat on purpose would normally have these up and stowed.

Pheasant 54

★★ Legendary Member
I was in that spot many years ago fishing from shore in the dark, windy as heck from the west , 2 guys in a boat come by salmon fishing , old boat , old motor and they were hammered . About 1/2 hr later I see this boat coming towards shore sideways. The motor had quit and they ended up in the rocks , beat the crap out of the boat( not a big loss ) . They were still drinking though

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol

probably ran out of gas

- - - Updated - - -

I used to get pretty boozed up in the boat

now I feel spooked if I get a buzz on in the boat - knowing how often hammered people drown vs sober

somewhere I heard that the majority of men found drowned were buzzed... and have their zipper down

Last edited:

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol

probably ran out of gas

- - - Updated - - -

I used to get pretty boozed up in the boat

now I feel spooked if I get a buzz on in the boat - knowing how often hammered people drown vs sober

somewhere I heard that the majority of men found drown are buzzed and have their zipper down

Yes, taking a leak, fall out of boat. Wear your lifejacket friends.

Then again, most of us are not making our most thoughtful decisions when on the happy-juice. F'rinstance, throwing out the anchor, when it's too deep for the rope, and the rope is not tied to anything. That's funny. REALLY funny is doing it again, later in the same day.

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
If ya didn't learn how to swim proficiently or its been awhile just throw a few Gatorade bottles/smaller coffee can canisters in the side compartments. Piss, dump, rinse, repeat. Some of u might be able to get away with 20 ouncers.. ;:;rofl

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
If ya didn't learn how to swim proficiently or its been awhile just throw a few Gatorade bottles/smaller coffee can canisters in the side compartments. Piss, dump, rinse, repeat. Some of u might be able to get away with 20 ouncers.. ;:;rofl

That's the beauty of TWO livewells. With it on timer, I don't even have to hit a flush lever.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55