NFL News (Vikings)

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Overall I like the picks. Didn't give much up to move a few spots ahead. JJ was was my least favorite of the qbs but he's young....just barely passes legal beer drinking age @21
It doesn't hurt that he has the supposed "QB whisperer" as head coach, and JJ/Addison/Hockenson/Aaron Jones around him.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah Cousins must be pissed lol what a dumb thing to do, sign a QB for $45M and then draft a QB with your first pick and sit him? Fricking waste of a pick that could help you immediately. That's something the Vikes usually do haha

Think the Vikes got the most they could out of the first. They had needs at both QB and LB and got the bpa at those 2 spots IMO. Turner was a great get at 17 he should have went higher then that by most.

Only problem now is they don't have much left for picks to add immediate help.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah Cousins must be pissed lol what a dumb thing to do, sign a QB for $45M and then draft a QB with your first pick and sit him? Fricking waste of a pick that could help you immediately. That's something the Vikes usually do haha

Think the Vikes got the most they could out of the first. They had needs at both QB and LB and got the bpa at those 2 spots IMO. Turner was a great get at 17 he should have went higher then that by most.

Only problem now is they don't have much left for picks to add immediate help.
isn't Cousins contract 180 million with 100 million guaranteed ? Cousins could dog it, get benched and walk away with 100 mill

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of the morning sports talk shows said the obvious out loud....They drafted him because he's black. :LOL:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a feeling this going to be a long year but ok with that next year will get a bunch of comp picks for hunter, wonum and cousins. They will have a lot of cap room. Build something that can last and not just hope for a good year and try and rebuild every year

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
isn't Cousins contract 180 million with 100 million guaranteed ? Cousins could dog it, get benched and walk away with 100 mill
Yeah that's true, he's a good guy so he won't dog it. I'd be pissed not getting a player that could help me win right away though.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drafting a QB while you have a older wiser starting QB, is the wise thing to do. These are just kids coming out of college and it is one big step to be starting in the NFL. Let them sit a few years and learn from the more experienced QB.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Drafting a QB while you have a older wiser starting QB, is the wise thing to do. These are just kids coming out of college and it is one big step to be starting in the NFL. Let them sit a few years and learn from the more experienced QB.
Buyers remorse..they are worried is gonna choke and want a backup just in case.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buyers remorse..they are worried is gonna choke and want a backup just in case.
I do agree with BBJ, the main reason a lot of these young QB's fail is because they are thrown to the wolves way before they are ready. They are now competing with professionals, not just other colleges students.
Steve Young, Brady, and AR were prime examples.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do agree with BBJ, the main reason a lot of these young QB's fail is because they are thrown to the wolves way before they are ready. They are now competing with professionals, not just other colleges students.
while I agree sitting a couple years helps QB's Brady was drafted in April 2000 and took over for Bledsoe Sept 2001
Rodgers - 3 yrs backup for Farve
Young - 4 yrs backup for Montana

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's one take. Another would be they think with Cousins they'll have a much better record going forward and they'll not draft that high again for a while. Not to mention that they wanted a good black QB (according to FoxSports).

BUT what message does that send to Cousins, who could have used some more help this year. They passed on a player to help them win games next year with Kirk as QB.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree, I am sure there is some of that..but I also believe they are a little worried of it not working out.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or possibly not sure if his health, achilles will hold up.
Bad guy if your worried about health penix had season ending injuries his first four years at indiana.

Penix, raised in Florida, came back from four separate season-ending injuries in his college career. Penix tore his right ACL in 2018, dislocated his shoulder in 2019, tore his right ACL again in 2020 and separated the AC joint in his shoulder in 2021

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bad guy if your worried about health penix had season ending injuries his first four years at indiana.

Penix, raised in Florida, came back from four separate season-ending injuries in his college career. Penix tore his right ACL in 2018, dislocated his shoulder in 2019, tore his right ACL again in 2020 and separated the AC joint in his shoulder in 2021
He isn't going to be 36 this fall either

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Penix is a silly pic. Don't need him. 4 season ending injuries. 4. Atlanta went full retard. Vikings may have a future. Bears will ruin a career before it gets a chance to develop I see. What else......poor Rodger Goodell getting tossed around on stage just 3 weeks after back surgery. Bet he cringed and cried a little inside everytime a new pick came on stage.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 52
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 17