Spring

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think humans love to ascribe purpose and reason to all species because we are terrified of the unknown. All species have the same "purpose". Survive and procreate.
The thing that truly terrifies me is what man is capable of when he turns his back on his Creator.

As Jordan Peterson would say, people are monkeys - filled with snakes.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, I've got 4 ticks crawling on me so far, dogs got their tick and heartworm meds a couple weeks ago. Pocket gophers are ramping up, got one I set a trap for the other day but he plugged it on me reset for try number two and I need to go around and set some more coons and skunks need some culling done as well, haven't seen any woodchucks yet

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yup, I've got 4 ticks crawling on me so far, dogs got their tick and heartworm meds a couple weeks ago. Pocket gophers are ramping up, got one I set a trap for the other day but he plugged it on me reset for try number two and I need to go around and set some more coons and skunks need some culling done as well, haven't seen any woodchucks yet
I got a half dozen "dog proof"" coon traps you can use if interested. Just need them back by sweet corn season. LB

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I
I got a half dozen "dog proof"" coon traps you can use if interested. Just need them back by sweet corn season. LB
Yeah a buddy and I got 10-12 of the coon cuffs, they work great. Ours might not be perfectly dog proof because the trip is a two way, so if a dog were to stuff its tongue deep in there it would probably get them. Nice part is I have had luck getting a couple skunks on them. Around COVID is when I started running them and trapped out about 13-15 coon on our river property, the neighbor across the river didn't have hardly any loss that year on his sweet corn, got some fat buggers on camera down there again so its time to start after them again

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ticks were out in the Bismarck area back in February. Not the first time this has happened.
We have an odd tick cycle, by the end of July you'd be hard pressed to find one.. I'm not complaining.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have an odd tick cycle, by the end of July you'd be hard pressed to find one.. I'm not complaining.

That is also fairly normal. I don't think they like the dry heat of late July and August. But that's just my theory on the cycle. I do like it when they come out in full force sometime in Feb or March, only to get whacked by an early spring cold snap.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
That is also fairly normal. I don't think they like the dry heat of late July and August. But that's just my theory on the cycle. I do like it when they come out in full force sometime in Feb or March, only to get whacked by an early spring cold snap.
Drive east in the fall into the trees, you'll be covered up..

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last fall (Oct.1,23) in MN chasing wood ducks and rough grouse, Pulled 13 black legged ticks from my dog. Latest I have seen them.

grumster

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last fall (Oct.1,23) in MN chasing wood ducks and rough grouse, Pulled 13 black legged ticks from my dog. Latest I have seen them.
My point.. out here on the prairie after July 4th you'd have to work at finding one.. those that don't know, don't know.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51