Spare Ribs And Enjoying The Flavors!

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most multi-packs of spare ribs we get are three to a pack, this odd ball had four with one rack a bit smaller.

-----

Played with different flavors, all were really excellent!

-----

-----

Thanks for looking!

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​Lbrant I offered him my youngest daughter and a Ranger Boat (very few sparkles) and a cabin at the Angle last year and he turned me down. You need to top that! LOL

I LOVE Ribs.
;:;bowdown

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where do you buy your ribs?

Most of the time SAM's Club. These were spare's that my wife trimmed St. Louis style but for a meatier rib from SAM's they have what they call a back rib. It isn't as nice looking and the arc to the ribs makes them thicker (sit higher) on the grill grate but are our choice for just good eating ribs.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I like steak but right up there wold be good ribs. I actually think ribs are pretty easy to do a nice job with. Start with a good quality, meaty rack of ribs. Make your own or buy a good rub, there are lots of them to choose from. Smoke for a good amount of time at a fairly low temp, add some BBQ sauce or just eat with the rub. With a little practice I think ribs are kind of hard to screw up. You can burn them but that's your fault other than that the basic rule is "Low and Slow."If I had to tell someone how high of heat and how long I'd probably recommend about 250 degrees for 5-6 hours of smoke and cooking. After that lower the temp and have a beer (or more) until everyone wants to eat. Just let the ribs stay warm and give them a chance to further tenderize. With a little practice you will have people telling you what a great rib master you are.

Once the ribs are smoked and nearly fully cooked I like to wrap them in foil, lower the temp to keep warm and you can eat pretty much whenever. One other item I think is important to prevent burning, I never cook ribs over direct heat.

The ribs above look great by the way. You can go in a lot of restaurants and order a full rack of ribs and eat them all. I'm guessing very few of us could eat a full rack of the ribs pictured above.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are going to blast me but so what. You can cook great baby back ribs in the oven. (Probably all ribs, but we only cook baby back ribs.)

We remove the silver skin and use a basic rib rub on the ribs. Then put the ribs in an oval blue granite roaster (meat side up,) seal with aluminum foil and the lid and roast in the oven for 3 hours at 290°. Remove and baste with your BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Rays.) Put back in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes without a cover and they are done - meat falling off the bone.

Try it sometime when the temps are cold!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
​Lbrant I offered him my youngest daughter and a Ranger Boat (very few sparkles) and a cabin at the Angle last year and he turned me down. You need to top that! LOL

I LOVE Ribs.
;:;bowdown

You and your wife should swing up sometime and I will make up some ribs, but probably won't be as goid ad mossy yet we can pretend.

- - - Updated - - -

Most multi-packs of spare ribs we get are three to a pack, this odd ball had four with one rack a bit smaller.

-----

Played with different flavors, all were really excellent!

-----

-----

Thanks for looking!

Looks like blue ribbon ribs to me

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are going to blast me but so what. You can cook great baby back ribs in the oven. (Probably all ribs, but we only cook baby back ribs.)

We remove the silver skin and use a basic rib rub on the ribs. Then put the ribs in an oval blue granite roaster (meat side up,) seal with aluminum foil and the lid and roast in the oven for 3 hours at 290°. Remove and baste with your BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Rays.) Put back in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes without a cover and they are done - meat falling off the bone.

Try it sometime when the temps are cold!

Ribs are fine in the oven and each their own. Yet just nothing like having a few beers and near the smoker with friends

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ribs are fine in the oven and each their own. Yet just nothing like having a few beers and near the smoker with friends

I agree, it's just that I could come home from work/fishing/screwing around/whatever and have pretty good ribs for supper. On the weekend that's different.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guess who happens to be going to Sams today now will be grabbing ribs.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ribs in the oven, I use my Grandma's sweet and sour recipe, so easy in the oven

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34