2021 Big Buck Contests

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pollock, SD--Oahe Sunset Lodge--cancelled this year due to EHD outbreak
Dickinson, ND--Army's West: prelims 11/16 & 11/23 (no 1st week). Finals on 11/30.
All deer must be entered & scored during prelims. Top 6 whitetails & top 6 mule deer will
called back for finals. Antlers MUST be cleaned up & free of hide, flesh/meat, brain matter.
Haven't heard yet on Lincoln (Tumbleweed) & Beulah Chamber contests.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to the Army's one several years back, back when the bars were still full of smoke, what a lengthy fucking timewaster that was. I left at 11:30 and they were still measuring, and smoking.

Not sure on what would be the draw, but I have seen enough to last forever.

Everyone else, enjoy I guess.

Maybe they could have some leg wrestling contest going on too, still wouldn't go, but hey leg wrestling.. :;:huh

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went to the Army's one several years back, back when the bars were still full of smoke, what a lengthy fucking timewaster that was. I left at 11:30 and they were still measuring, and smoking.

Not sure on what would be the draw, but I have seen enough to last forever.

Everyone else, enjoy I guess.

Maybe they could have some leg wrestling contest going on too, still wouldn't go, but hey leg wrestling.. :;:huh
buck contests are akin to videoing your hunts.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
These gatherings offer people a chance to see the quality and antler sizes that are being harvested in the area. It also may get to be a bragger's chest pounding, but that's just part of the game. If you enjoy seeing trophy-class deer, then it's a good time. To each their own!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will win, nothing. My muley doe with the ML was enough fun for me.

My daughter on the other hand, she may have a chance at something.

p.s. Tumbleweed's big buck contest is on Dec 4th.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
These gatherings offer people a chance to see the quality and antler sizes that are being harvested in the area. It also may get to be a bragger's chest pounding, but that's just part of the game. If you enjoy seeing trophy-class deer, then it's a good time. To each their own!

Nope totally agree, didnt mean to be the negative nelly on my response. Just stating my experience, and it was as fun as watching paint dry.
Might have been gooder if I had a head in the mix, or was wasted, or something like that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84