Adult beverage talk

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_8833.jpg
Martins landing you are in luck if you are near devils lake. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Is it weird I'm "friends" with a liquor store on facebook?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was a coors light guy or whisky coke guy, or the latest was vodka mt dew guy till i started keto... went to vodka with nestles lemon water and a splash of lemon juice... love it - and no carbs... very refreshing summer drink 2...

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sitting down with a Jack Coke now..

I'm out of beer though, it is usually Shiner bock, Sam adams, Moose Drool, Amber bock, or Mic Golden

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bell’s has some good beers like two hearted and hopslam, founders has some good beers, I really like the red ipas. In the winter I like to drink darker beers and ipas in the summer.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ll probab look like an alcoholic but I like a variety. Just started stocking the camper Tonight, raised the downstairs bar for the initial fill but still need to make a run to the liquor store.

For the boat it’s either beer or premixed margarita mix. They make a handful of flavors, pour it over ice and hang on the beach while the kids swim, yum. Used to be a bud light guy, switched over to ultra when I started working out. Just found Shiner Blonde a couple months ago and Damn is it a good light beer.

Once back at the camper, variety is the spice of life; Moscow Mules with mint leaves and Tito’s Vodka, Kentucky mules with a little Jim Beam, a good Pendleton diet or whisky sour, speaking of sour gotta keep a little sweet and sour on hand for an ameretto Sour or a refreshing Mojito. Rumchata and Baily’s Irish cream for the coffe and of course that rumchata works again later in the even for a fire ball/rumchata shot. Of course the next day might require a healer so gotta have Caesar and Bloody Mary mix. Let’s just say the camper is well stocked, lol.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you’re in the Bismarck-Mandan area go to the old McDonald’s building on Main Street in Mandan. It’s called Main Street drive thru and liquor store. If you don’t know much about craft beers and need help finding your tastes they are very helpful. If you do know what you like they have a great selection of off sale. They also have like 23 or 24 different beers on tap. Part of those are brewed right in Mandan. Love that place.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mules- Moscow, Mexican or Kentucky and I really enjoy the grapefruit shandy. Good bourbon or whisky on the rocks.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started drinking Gin and Tonics last summer. I always thought i hated gin, but i think i had only had shitty gin in college. Anyways my buddy turned me on to Tanqueray and tonics and now i like them a little to much ;:;boozer

Bombay? I don't mind it, but it has to much of a soapy taste for me. Most people say Tanq for G&T, Bombay for Martini's. I've done several blind taste test with others and pretty much everybody picks tanq.

I too started with Bombay and switched to Tanqueray for my G & T. If I'm only having one I skip the T. A few years ago we were in Vegas at the Flamingo and had a perfect margarita - to die for but all alcohol so I added some mix to it. I use 3 parts gold Jose Cuervo, 3 parts silver, 3 parts non-alcoholic JC mix, 1 part Triple Sec and 1 part Orange Curacao + the juice of a half a lime. I mix up a batch in a 1.75 liter tequila bottle and keep it in the refrigerator (adding the lime drink by drink) so it's ready to go. The Flamingo skips the margarita mix. Really good on a hot (or even not so hot) day.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like a good porter, there are a bunch out there. Bourbon on the rocks, I like woodford reserve, makers, beam etc. on the boat it’s usually blue nummies.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
For you Gin guys... try Plymouth is you can find it. Smooth, smooth. Usually drink it straight on the rocks or with a light squeeze of Lime. Martin Miller is also good.

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
Summer = Session IPAs for me. Founders All Day, Wolf Pup Session, Surly Xtra Citra, Lagunitas Sumpin' Easy, etc.
Gonna try to find a couple Radlers this summer to try. I'm also enjoying trying different sours.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddd, now I'm thirsty.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Summer = Session IPAs for me. Founders All Day, Wolf Pup Session, Surly Xtra Citra, Lagunitas Sumpin' Easy, etc.
Gonna try to find a couple Radlers this summer to try. I'm also enjoying trying different sours.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddd, now I'm thirsty.

I brought back a couple 4 packs of the Stiegl Grapefruit Radler from MT this winter. They are pretty damn good, but are only like 2.5% abv. The low alcohol isn't necessarily a bad thing though, you can drink them with breakfast :) I think i did see them at Wiliqours in Bismarck now too.

- - - Updated - - -

For you Gin guys... try Plymouth is you can find it. Smooth, smooth. Usually drink it straight on the rocks or with a light squeeze of Lime. Martin Miller is also good.
I do need to by a bottle of Plymouth, there seems to be quite a following. I have had it once but it was with a house made tonic at some fancy bar so it was hard to tell if i was tasting the gin or the tonic. The other problem is it only comes in a .750 and its never on sale.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93