Alaska Wilderness

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
That would depend on HOW the government acquires it. Not sure how that could happen. Are you saying you're opposed to the government owning land at all?
You are not sure how the government acquires private land and turns it into public?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I know of some ways, but they can't just take it for no reason. I know they have, there's a movie about it I think in NJ where there forced eminent domain for a private development.

I also know that when build damns they'll do it.

So why not answer my Q?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I know of some ways, but they can't just take it for no reason. I know they have, there's a movie about it I think in NJ where there forced eminent domain for a private development.
That was Kelo verses the city of New London. The city took an old women's house for private development. I don't believe you and I are on the same chapter.
So why not answer my Q?
Not against the government owning land. It has to. Question is, should it require/acquire millions of acres more?

30% of the USA? 50% of the USA?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are money worshipping greedy people trying to make a buck any way they can. It usually involves taking away from others. More and more people will support more and more public land because the outfitters and high fence operators pay landowners not to let the average smuck touch their corn.
Everyone is trying to take public land from everyone else. It's like a tug of war with so many ropes it looks like a rats nest. The old Sagebrush Rebellion was so disgusting to most people that they hide under a new name "The American Land Council". If they get their way ranchers will own all the public land. Radical Farm Bureau would like ranchers to be in charge of public land management so hunters couldn't touch "their grass". Unless we paid the rancher of course. Lumber wants control, oil wants control, mining wants control, pseudo environmentalists want control, hunters only want access.
Fritz and Rowdy debate because Fritz wants him and his buddies to own or control it so Rowdy who only wants to touch the grass while hunting has to pay them.
Foolish vegan pseudo environmentalists don't understand that no grazing or burning has less species diversity than grazed or burned habitat. They say you can feed more people from an acre of grain than grazing cattle on it. They are so out of touch with reality that they don't understand that most cattle graze where it's impossible to farm. Grass is a natural resource that can only be harvested with a cow, elk, or bison. Take your pick, they all do the job. Those who Fritz represent want outright ownership, and if not at minimum control. They already graze it so whats the problem? The problem is they can't restrict everyone else. It's money they see floating away because they can't make you pay them for access.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha, wondering where you have been old man. Thought maybe you were sick. :)

30% or 50%

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not 70% like Idaho? Stellar hunting and fishing, and the land generates $7.8 billion via recreation.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not 70% like Idaho? Stellar hunting and fishing, and the land generates $7.8 billion via recreation.
The land generates $7.8 billion via recreation. Maybe, but only if sportsmen drive out there and spend money. bravo, you said you are employed as a coal fired energy worker. Working for an extraction company you save your money and then travel to Idaho hunting leaving some money out there.

This thread started off about a planned gold mine in Alaska. And then you said, post 4, "Trash prestine public wilderness so private companies can build and mine gold. Rich get richer at our expense."

Meaning you don't want any extraction happening on your public land.

The people living out there like jobs too. You cannot lobby against them 10 months of the year and then expect to hunt the other two.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
After having ND basically closed to hunting I’m also for any public land that allows access. God knows they piss away 80 million times more money for shit like ukraine

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You haven’t been to Idaho lately or talked to any one that lives there. The stellar hunting was about 20 years ago.

I’m all for the public land you just need a better example of good hunting.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
You haven’t been to Idaho lately or talked to any one that lives there. The stellar hunting was about 20 years ago.

I’m all for the public land you just need a better example of good hunting.
5 years ago spent a week around the Salmon River, I tagged a muley and friend tagged a bull. Saw plenty if game. Great trout fishing. Same friend got a nice bear last year. There was a pretty big fire fire in that area since then but we’re going back for elk this coming fall. Lots of areas aren’t what they were before (wolves haven’t helped) but it’s still full of opportunity if you get out there.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
5 years ago spent a week around the Salmon River, I tagged a muley and friend tagged a bull. Saw plenty if game. Great trout fishing. Same friend got a nice bear last year. There was a pretty big fire fire in that area since then but we’re going back for elk this coming fall. Lots of areas aren’t what they were before (wolves haven’t helped) but it’s still full of opportunity if you get out there.
My brother moved to star id 7 years ago. I hunted their 5 straight years. Anyone who has been there for years will say it’s a shell of what it was. Had an old guy show me his photo album and the wolves have absolutely destroyed it compared to what it was .Mule deer are on a major slide . Once you had to wait on a computer and buy the nr license in December I’m out. With the population explosion there is no way otc hunting for residents will continue. There is a lot of land to camp on.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all love to demonize George Soros. His open society funding every radical cause, liberal judges and crazy prosecutors. Soros also has a non-profit called Center for American Progress:
https://www.americanprogress.org/about-us/c3-board/

Board of Directors​

Julián Castro
Steve Daetz
Sen. Tom Daschle
Patrick Gaspard
Andrew Hauptman
Kristin Mugford
Donald Sussman
Hansjörg Wyss

Tom Daschle that POS. The last name is interesting. Hansjörg Wyss. He has more money than George Soros. Wyss from Switzerland sold his medical device company to Johnson and Johnson for $19.7 Billion.

He moved to Wilson Wyoming. He loves it so much he has pledged $1 Billion to conservation/preservation. He very much likes Biden's 30x30 plan. Wyss created Berger Action Fund, Wyss Foundation and will give millions to any org who will carry out his agenda.

https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/backcountry-hunters-and-anglers/

Hansjörg Wyss has donated millions to anti-2A candidates funneling dark money through non-profits like League of Conservation Voters.

Hey eyexer, I know you would like more access. These Billionaires may promise you some hunting access...... for a while.

Kurtr, you may find that interesting your former Senator Tom Daschle is on a Soros board.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all love to demonize George Soros. His open society funding every radical cause, liberal judges and crazy prosecutors. Soros also has a non-profit called Center for American Progress:
https://www.americanprogress.org/about-us/c3-board/

Board of Directors​

Julián Castro
Steve Daetz
Sen. Tom Daschle
Patrick Gaspard
Andrew Hauptman
Kristin Mugford
Donald Sussman
Hansjörg Wyss

Tom Daschle that POS. The last name is interesting. Hansjörg Wyss. He has more money than George Soros. Wyss from Switzerland sold his medical device company to Johnson and Johnson for $19.7 Billion.

He moved to Wilson Wyoming. He loves it so much he has pledged $1 Billion to conservation/preservation. He very much likes Biden's 30x30 plan. Wyss created Berger Action Fund, Wyss Foundation and will give millions to any org who will carry out his agenda.

https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/backcountry-hunters-and-anglers/

Hansjörg Wyss has donated millions to anti-2A candidates funneling dark money through non-profits like League of Conservation Voters.

Hey eyexer, I know you would like more access. These Billionaires may promise you some hunting access...... for a while.

Kurtr, you may find that interesting your former Senator Tom Daschle is on a Soros board.
Not really he is a weasel

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My brother moved to star id 7 years ago. I hunted their 5 straight years. Anyone who has been there for years will say it’s a shell of what it was. Had an old guy show me his photo album and the wolves have absolutely destroyed it compared to what it was .Mule deer are on a major slide . Once you had to wait on a computer and buy the nr license in December I’m out. With the population explosion there is no way otc hunting for residents will continue. There is a lot of land to camp on.
Little known fact about Jiffy....

I was a guide/wrangler in the Sawtooth Mountain range in ID the summer/fall before I went to boot camp. I worked for an outfit called Mystic Saddle Ranch based out of Red Fish Lake and we did pack in fishing in the summer and elk, mule deer, bear and moose in the fall. It was probably the best summer/fall of my life!! Contemplated "skipping" the plane to MCRD San Diego more than one time!! The fishing and hunting was absolutely world class!! This was back in '91. It would be a pity, it sounds like, to go back and see what it's like now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were just west on the other side of the saw tooth’s from where you were when I shot my elk. Beautiful country. You were there in the glory years. My brother for up there quite often in the summer to fish . They almost got a wolf a couple years ago.

IMG_0778.jpeg

Little known fact about Jiffy....

I was a guide/wrangler in the Sawtooth Mountain range in ID the summer/fall before I went to boot camp. I worked for an outfit called Mystic Saddle Ranch based out of Red Fish Lake and we did pack in fishing in the summer and elk, mule deer, bear and moose in the fall. It was probably the best summer/fall of my life!! Contemplated "skipping" the plane to MCRD San Diego more than one time!! The fishing and hunting was absolutely world class!! This was back in '91. It would be a pity, it sounds like, to go back and see what it's like now.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most everyone here would agree with Fritz about the threat from George soros, or anyone on the left for that matter. We all know they need to be watched to protect our interest, and unfortunately to protect the whole American way of life. That said we have people that are fellow conservatives that are as dangerouse to our hunting heritage as Soros. The American Land Council and the Farm Bureau just to name two. Currently our public land is multiple use. If either of these groups get any control we hunters will be the first to lose free access. Oh we may still have access, for a while, but we will pay Joe rancher who leases it and in the future will own it if they get their shoe in the door.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cant attest to what it was like then, but the locals sure agree that quality has trended down. Most blamed mountain lions & wolves. It’s a challenge no doubt. Success rates in the drop camps in that unit are still about 50-60% (compared to ~12% for the DIYer). Never wanted to spend that kind of coin however. The online OTC tag dash has its own list of issues.

Fritz, my response to you is you like to paint everything black or white with no shades a grey, like an amateur politician in a debate. I’m not against all extraction on all public land. I’m for public land being responsibly utilized as long as the benefits are justified. Minerals, grass, habitat, access all have value. And yes, I have my own beliefs and opinions of what’s justified just like you. In this gold mine case I don’t see enough benefit to anyone but the gold company to justify it.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most everyone here would agree with Fritz about the threat from George soros, or anyone on the left for that matter. We all know they need to be watched to protect our interest, and unfortunately to protect the whole American way of life. That said we have people that are fellow conservatives that are as dangerouse to our hunting heritage as Soros. The American Land Council and the Farm Bureau just to name two. Currently our public land is multiple use. If either of these groups get any control we hunters will be the first to lose free access. Oh we may still have access, for a while, but we will pay Joe rancher who leases it and in the future will own it if they get their shoe in the door.
Blah blah blah.

1706308782778.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93