and.........

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was beat to a field by 2 MN and 1 WI truck Tuesday morning a decent distance off the beaten path. Was surprised and disappointed as it was a nice duck field. I suppose it's my own fault for not arriving super early to a nonposted field.

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the c-store/gas stations, motels, grocery stores, bars,sporting good stores, restaurants and the NDGF hate none resident hunters/fishermen as much as some on this web site???:confused:

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the c-store/gas stations, motels, grocery stores, bars,sporting good stores, restaurants and the NDGF hate none resident hunters/fishermen as much as some on this web site???:confused:

Spoken like a true non resident....

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dumbass... I actually know one of the owners of a small town gas station in the Mecca of waterfowl and pheasant territory. He told me word for word "99% of the nonresident hunters come in to buy gas and an occasional case of beer AND when they do buy beer they bitch about how they can get that case of beer 5$ cheaper in their state" he also went on to say how they tell him they bring all their groceries cause it cheaper.

Now here's where ur even a bigger dumbass for not understanding.....ME ( a lifelong resident) spends thousands of dollars a year at local gas stations on food and hotel rooms in small towns all over the state ALL year long, not for a measly 2-3 weeks like NR's, BUT this year I've about had it and have hunted a whopping 3 times and will maybe hunt 2-3 more cause I'm so sick of dealing with no residents. So who's money's more important? Theirs for two weeks or mine from aug 15-Jan 1st? And I know there's plenty of other residents just like me. Dumbass.....

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I'd say the "Polite Stage" for NDA is officially in the crapper.:D

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dumbass... I actually know one of the owners of a small town gas station in the Mecca of waterfowl and pheasant territory. He told me word for word "99% of the nonresident hunters come in to buy gas and an occasional case of beer AND when they do buy beer they bitch about how they can get that case of beer 5$ cheaper in their state" he also went on to say how they tell him they bring all their groceries cause it cheaper.

Now here's where ur even a bigger dumbass for not understanding.....ME ( a lifelong resident) spends thousands of dollars a year at local gas stations on food and hotel rooms in small towns all over the state ALL year long, not for a measly 2-3 weeks like NR's, BUT this year I've about had it and have hunted a whopping 3 times and will maybe hunt 2-3 more cause I'm so sick of dealing with no residents. So who's money's more important? Theirs for two weeks or mine from aug 15-Jan 1st? And I know there's plenty of other residents just like me. Dumbass.....

I hold a similar view to Phil. An avid resident hunter will spend 3x-5x+ (some a lot more than that) than any NR can, and they'll do it quietly without a lot of pomp and circumstance.

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member

First I am not going to call you names or anything to put you down. I also will not take your word as the gospel. I grew up in ND. Spent the majority of my life in ND. So your story about one gas station guy holds very little water for a consensus of the whole. Every time I go to ND to enjoy the outdoors I personally spend at least $300-$500 per two days for one guy. Sure you will have some guys will bring all they can with them and thats there right to do so. But when I see motels full of non resident hunters/fishermen and morning cafes full of hunters/fishermen It would nice to know what the owner of those establishments think? If they think its so bad then why do the put on extra staff to handle the influx of non residents??? I have traveled all over ND for business and stayed in many many towns and every business owner I have talked with said its always a nice bump up in the check book when the non resident hunting and fishing guys coming to town.

As for your second angry paragraph. I spend my money in my home town as much as possible. Yes most of the stores now me, small town, but I don't get an ego boost and think that my money is more important than any other that comes in their cash register. Our area not only thrives but largely depends on tourism and believe me we have tons and tons of ND plates....probably the largest number of non residents that come to our town are from ND by quite a margin. We welcome anyone that wants to visit our town and we don't down grade them once they leave. Do we have an occasional non resident that becomes a PITA and breaks the law..... sure we do but you will find that every where.

I am sorry you have only be able to hunt "a whopping 3 times" but are you saying you have spent that much time dealing with non residents and that has kept you from hunting more? So a few duck/goose hunters so far this year and maybe a grouse hunter or two have that much influence on weather you get to go hunting or not???

I hope you can lower your blood pressure and enjoy the rest of your fall hunting season winter comes very fast!

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoy NRs. They're a soft-skinned bunch apt to hunt the few warm months and then tuck-tail at the first sign of cold...thus leaving the best hunting months of the entire year free and clear to the rest of us.

Heck, have at'em! Enjoy the time here. I'll pick up all the leftovers after you're through.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31