Ashley area?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone on here from down there or go through there much. Just wondering how wet it is down there since everytime i look at the radar they are getting absolutely dumped on. This is whats fallen since the ninth and they got a ton before this. Crazy how SD just insnt getting any rain and Ashley cant get it to stop.

Screenshot_20160810-105803.jpg

And this was on july 11th and was around 7 days worth of data. The area east of langlers has to be a swamp by now and yet again Huron on south just isnt getting squat!

Screenshot_2016-07-11-11-41-52.jpg

Last edited:

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a house in Ashley but I've haven't been down in a few weeks. I've also noticed they have gotten a lot of moisture which is a good thing I think as it's been very dry in the past. Hopefully not too much though!! Last years pheasant opener was dryer than a popcorn fart, and birds were not easy to locate

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a house in Ashley but I've haven't been down in a few weeks. I've also noticed they have gotten a lot of moisture which is a good thing I think as it's been very dry in the past. Hopefully not too much though!! Last years pheasant opener was dryer than a popcorn fart, and birds were not easy to locate

do you know don schnering?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are paving the streets there and it never stops raining it has cost and easy 2 weeks of work time.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah you guys haven't exactly been dry either from what ive seen especially just north of town.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to have a guide license if you received reasonable compensation for your actions. So yes he would definitely need one even if hes not directly out there with them. The game and fish can get real anal on that if they want to. you could theoretically be charged with guiding without a license if you took some friends from out of state out hunting and they bought you breakfast after. Now i dont think they would go after somthing so insignificant but they could.

dkbigsky

From the website above how does he get away with this

Give us a try for your next fishing trip. I will guide you for free on paper, if you stay with us.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
From the website above how does he get away with this

Give us a try for your next fishing trip. I will guide you for free on paper, if you stay with us.

Because he isn't charging anyone for his fishing tips. He just rents out houses. I don't see it any different than say a bait shop giving out the latest info on the bite. Or a resort owner, pretty sure they don't need a guide license. They are in the business lodging. It sounds like the Warden's in the area are in contact with him and his clients pretty regularly doing routine checks.

I will add I am not a fan of the guy and he definitely lies or stretches the truth about the fishing bite. Have talked with someone who stayed there and his report on the first day of their trip was completely different than two days later for the same bodies of water over the same periods of time.
He makes his living off of convincing the Sotas and Sconies that the fishing in the area is off the hook, best way to do that is post reports online.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
True, if he said the fishing sucks, no one would show up.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
dean you should go down there and give him a " great big nodakangler welcome"Thumbs Up

- - - Updated - - -

i have heard exactly 0 positive comments about this man

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Because he isn't charging anyone for his fishing tips. He just rents out houses. I don't see it any different than say a bait shop giving out the latest info on the bite. Or a resort owner, pretty sure they don't need a guide license. They are in the business lodging. It sounds like the Warden's in the area are in contact with him and his clients pretty regularly doing routine checks.

I will add I am not a fan of the guy and he definitely lies or stretches the truth about the fishing bite. Have talked with someone who stayed there and his report on the first day of their trip was completely different than two days later for the same bodies of water over the same periods of time.
He makes his living off of convincing the Sotas and Sconies that the fishing in the area is off the hook, best way to do that is post reports online.

Here is where I am confused. Straight from NDGF website.

An “Outfitter” means a person that holds the person's business operation out to the public for
hire or consideration; provides facilities or services for consideration; maintains, leases, or
otherwise provides compensation for the use of land and which receives compensation from a
third party for use of that land; or otherwise uses equipment or accommodations for
consideration for the conduct of outdoor recreational activities, including hunting animals or
birds and fishing on lakes, reservoirs, rivers, and streams.

Would this not mean that if you advertise rental properties (accomodations) and promote how great the fishing is (consideration for the conduct of outdoor recreational activities) and show people exactly where to go (specifically using the language “I will guide you for free on paper”) you are acting as an outfitter? Obviously he has found a loophole, otherwise the wardens would be all over him like stink on hillary clinton.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
dean you should go down there and give him a " great big nodakangler welcome"Thumbs Up

- - - Updated - - -

i have heard exactly 0 positive comments about this man

Ive actually avoided that area the last couple of winters because of how that area has gotten. Think the one report i got last winter from someone i knew that was down in that area said the bite was still ok but the lake looked like the parking lot at Lambeau Field!

Narcs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove through the area this morning. Two spots on the road between Hague and Ashley covered in water, had road crews already there. I stopped to visit, one of the gents informed me that between 4-5 inches fell in the area last night. No mention of hail and the crops were still upright, though standing water was everywhere in the fields. Fair number of tree branches on the streets in Linton, chainsaws will be seeing action today.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I see luckily during this time of over abundant rain fall down there that this current round of storms tonight that the heavy rain is skipping the Mobridge to Ashley run!;:;banghead I started chasing storms back in 95 and meteorology was a large part of my degree up until Bin Laden f***** over the the other half of it and I have never seen a spot get trained on more in a 8 week run the what is happening again tonight before in this state! It's just crazy how that 50 mile run can pop storms ahead of the main line so they stall and train waiting for what ever is the forcing structure of the night is to eject them out of the area but not before they drop 3 to 5 inches first! Just crazy!!!!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have missed alot of them here but tonight and last night got us some needed moisture. Went to eureka yesterday and lots of bone dry slews. I like the rain but am getting tired of this hail shit. It has hailed more this year hear than all the years together since I moved here in 02

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49