Auto accidents caused by Deer

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
About 1.5 million deer-car accidents happen every year.
money2 icon

More than $1 billion in annual insured losses are due to damages caused by deer-car accidents.
graph icon

Deer-car accidents cause about 175 to 200 fatalities and 10,000 injuries annually.

The game entities responsible for large game management should be liable for all damages that their game causes! If they manage these animals and collect money for licenses, they should be responsible for damages also, like any other business operation.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
money2 icon

More than $1 billion in annual insured losses are due to damages caused by deer-car accidents.
graph icon

Deer-car accidents cause about 175 to 200 fatalities and 10,000 injuries annually.

The game entities responsible for large game management should be liable for all damages that their game causes! If they manage these animals and collect money for licenses, they should be responsible for damages also, like any other business operation.
...popcorn...

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Nope, the landowners should be liable, they own all the wildlife after all, at least they like to act like they do during hunting season
The landowners feed and shelter the game all year but the commy gov. wants to skim the gravy off the top. If they want to manage the game then they should be liable for it also! Not just take the money! They should compensate for all damages caused by their entity.......

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
money2 icon

graph icon

This may be the stupidest leap of logic I've read all fall.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife one 3 point buck. Me one 5 point buck in ND and a 4 point muley in Nebraska. Fender benders for me and a total for the wife's Saturn. Black angus cow for me that totaled a 65 Chevelle SS. That made tears come big time. LB

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The landowners feed and shelter the game all year but the commy gov. wants to skim the gravy off the top. If they want to manage the game then they should be liable for it also! Not just take the money! They should compensate for all damages caused by their entity.......
Then are they liable for animal neglect if they don't feed during a hard winter?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you hit a deer it's half your fault and half the deer's. LB

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe at one time a wildlife accident wasn't cover under your auto insurance many years ago, insurance companies claimed it was an act of God.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe in Mn you didn't have to pay your deductible if you hit a animal.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
43 yrs of driving with only one vehicle deer incident. I was actually stopped and the fawn ran into the drivers door, it jumped and it's face hit the side window with the only damage being a slobber smudge on the glass

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
This may be the stupidest leap of logic I've read all fall.
If a farm animal is loose on a public road and collides with your vehicle I bet you would be the first one to go after the owner for damages! Where is the logic there?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84