Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought these and hate them. They are for sale. $200

KENETREK TERRANE HUNTING BOOT
Color: Brown, Size: 9

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The big thing about boots is the leather if you condition it they will last if you don't will crack. I have irish setters for at least 12 years wolverine boots of 10 years and just breaking a pair of American made danners. I do lots of pheasant walking, deer hunting so they get wet a lot.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have both Kenetrek and Lowa and like both. I have really crappy heals and have to take care of my feet no matter what boots I'm wearing but both of these have been good to me.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regarding Meindl, one must be vigilant when looking through the specs. Much like many other boot companys, they've moved a significant number of their models to Asia-Pacific. All A/P production boots suck donkey balls regardless their branding.

Regarding Meindl specifically, they only models I'd consider are the ones produced in Germany or Italy. Perfekts (and not all of them), Alaskan, and Denali. At the bottom of the description it'll either say "Made in Germany" or "Imported". Avoid "Imported" unless you can verify non-A/P production. Perfeckt light hikers are Italian.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stick with the Cabelas Perfekt hunters by Meindl.... They were pretty costly, over $300, but were great to hunt in and super comfortable.

Think about the longest, most grueling day you've hunted, where you've been close to zero-energy. Now, add a few more miles of walking and that's what you'll be like with the Meindl's on your feet.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought these and hate them. They are for sale. $200

KENETREK TERRANE HUNTING BOOT
Color: Brown, Size: 9

Why do you hate them? I have the exact same boot (bigger size though ;)), and have no issues with them.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Contact Enslow, he was looking for another set of Kennetreks and he's got princess sized feet too.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do you hate them? I have the exact same boot (bigger size though ;)), and have no issues with them.

I found them to be like Ishmael's Boss said... like ski boots. I don't hike in mountains (other than Killdeer Mountains) so their uber-stiff build is not worth the goofy number of miles I suspect it would take me to break them in (if ever).

- - - Updated - - -

Contact Enslow, he was looking for another set of Kennetreks and he's got princess sized feet too.

that's it... I'm flagging this thread due to body shaming

JerrySpeaksWithaManWhosNotAshamedOfHisBo-1.jpg

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I found them to be like Ishmael's Boss said... like ski boots. I don't hike in mountains (other than Killdeer Mountains) so their uber-stiff build is not worth the goofy number of miles I suspect it would take me to break them in (if ever).

- - - Updated - - -

Well somebody is going to get a nice pair of boots if they care to break them in.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kenetreks were 20 percent off with free gators at scheels last fall. If u can get that deal it wouldnt suck.

A couple years ago I was in the market. For the heck of it I looked in my national craigs list search engine. Guy was selling a pair of Mountain Extremes he had for one weekend that didn't fit. Said he had bought another pair and his wife wasn't happy he had over $800 in boots. He sold me them for $110 shipped to ND, the dude must have been cashed up they looked like new. :)

They all make a pretty darn nice boot these days.
Lowa Tibet GTX
Crispi Hunter GTX
Zamberlan GTX
Meindle GTX models all great boots.

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camofire usually has the Kenetrek Terranes 400g for around $230 with a free pair of gators. That is where I got mine at. So far have been super happy with them. Stiff, stiff ... and take awhile to break in. Had them on a Colorado elk hunt last year and they were great. My old Danners would have left me with a broken ankle. Probably not only because they are not as good of a boot, but because Im also fat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34