Classic Car guys

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like a resto-mod someday. Old school look with new school handling and drivetrain.

ProwlerSilver44.jpg

;)

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got to drive a Plymouth prowler for an afternoon, friend from hettinger had a new one and let me have the keys for an afternoon, that was one extremely fun car to drive and surprisingly that v-6 was quite snappy in that lite car.
His was a special edition car it was a dark blue and had a matching blue soft top which was rare I remember but can't remember much more as that was many years ago.

Last edited:

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like a resto-mod someday. Old school look with new school handling and drivetrain.

The wifes IH will be along these lines, Plan on putting a 03+ crown vic front end under it( Power steering, power disc brakes, nice suspension) and probably the vic rear axle too that way i have discs all around nad matching bolt pattern.

a 4.6 v8,5.4 v8,6.8v10 wound bolt right in so all id have to do is the driveshaft, but i dont want to deal with all the wiring of a modern engine so its getting the CV front end and a carbed small block and auto

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I have for my fun ride, Just a pic i grabbed off the net but same color other than mine has black interior, wish i had the lighter color like in the pic.

2012-Nissan-Murano-Convertible-Beauty-Side-Done-Small.jpg

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I have for my fun ride, Just a pic i grabbed off the net but same color other than mine has black interior, wish i had the lighter color like in the pic.

2012-Nissan-Murano-Convertible-Beauty-Side-Done-Small.jpg

Not what i pictured you driving but thats pretty..... umm..... interesting vehicle. Ive sure never seen one

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah Man...where to start...he he

'58 Fairlane hard top retractable - dads (most restored) - not for sale
'55 Ford Crown Victoria - brothers (mostly restored) - Not for sale
'31 Model A - Dads (restored) - Not for sale
'67 Thunderbird - dads (fair condition)
'79 Ford F-150 - dads (good condition, only owner)
'76 Lincoln - dads (Good condition)
'79 lincoln - dads (Good condition)
'64 Fairlane - dads (runs but poor condtion)
'57 Ranchero - dads ( Just body parts and frame)
'57 Fairlane 4 door - dads ( Just body and Frame)

Some of them are for sale..just ask....

Last edited:

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not what i pictured you driving but thats pretty..... umm..... interesting vehicle. Ive sure never seen one

I bought it as a half assed collector car as they were only built for 4 years 2011-2014 and were only 7337 built and sold world wide. As you eluded to they were never going to win any beauty contests per say but dam this is the most comfortable car I and my wife have ever ridden and driven in. Surprisingly there are several of them in the Bismarck Mandan area.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess, my wife and I both love it. My mother in law thinks it was my mid life crisis car as did my wife at first but my wife loves this thing even more than I do now I think, she never saw herself as a convertible girl but would be hard to live without one after having one.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah Man...where to start...he he

'58 Fairlane hard top retractable - dads (most restored) - not for sale
'55 Ford Crown Victoria - brothers (mostly restored) - Not for sale
'31 Model A - Dads (restored) - Not for sale
'67 Thunderbird - dads (fair condition)
'79 Ford F-150 - dads (good condition, only owner)
'76 Lincoln - dads (Good condition)
'79 lincoln - dads (Good condition)
'64 Fairlane - dads (runs but poor condtion)
'57 Ranchero - dads ( Just body parts and frame)
'57 Fairlane 4 door - dads ( Just body and Frame)

Some of them are for sale..just ask....

Any old 60's Lincolns with suicide doors? I am not a Ford man by a long shot " I have only been left sitting along side the road a few times in my life and all have been the result of riding with ford guys and one time i bought one and it didn't even make it out of town less than an hour after buying it lol".but the old suicide door lincolns are one of the most awesome looking rides out there. Saw a nice black one running around bis/man a couple weekends ago jet black and chromed was very awesome looking ride.

Last edited:

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are dead right. Most people think my wifes pickup is ugly, not just hers but the whole IH B series. I think they are very tough looking trucks.
As long as you guys like it and makes you happy, hell with everyones thoughts

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
No suicide door lincoln...its a two door.

ah..see you notice we are FORD people....lol.....in my 35 years of owning one, I have never never been left on the side of the road..and I'm not kidding you. Only reason I can think of being left on the side of the road, is due to people not taking care of their ride..plain and simple...if you sense something isn't right, don't let it go, get it look at, before you do end up on the side of the road. Maybe its my luck, but I've never had a vehicle quit on me on the road. Had a belt break once, but manage to make into town, so that don't count.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sadly this was before smartphones and digital cameras were still rare, so I only have a few pictures of her, but this is by far the best $100 I ever spent. 1980 Caprice Classic - had a machine shed fall on it due to snow load during the winter of 96-97. So we cut off the crushed roof and made it into a roadster of sorts. It was not fast, but pretty damn cool. That's my custom paint job using a can of house paint and a brush, and yes that is a straightened coat hanger antenna. -- I was a teenager and broke :;:huh

The Caprice Convertable 1980.jpg

Last edited:

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sub Elect,
If you ever decide to sell the 66 Mustang get ahold of me please. Had a 66 Mustang identical to this when i was in high school. First car that i totally bought and paid for myself. Ended up selling it to a guy that kept bugging me for it ;:;banghead and he only had it a short time and ended up rolling it and totaling it out. Damn i miss that car!

Sounds good. I have a friend that wants to buy it for his wife so you would be second on the list. Its been a fun car, needs work but after all, it is a 1966 mustang!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mort that 64 fairlane can be made into a clone of one of the coolest fords ever IMO. 64 thunderbolt1122968-1964-ford-fairlane-thumb.jpg

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
yah. see....everytime a mustang gets mentioned everybody after it..smh...my first car was a 65 mustang..I was damn proud of that car.....3 speed 302...then rebuilt a 351W and put that in...was going to use for my college car back in '84, some old man was sitting in a turn lane...turned when he should have not...and I hit him...did some front end damage...I tool less money and took the car back from his insurance company, so I parted it out for college money..sold the engine, then the car. Car got passed around and one of my friend that used to pit for us when we were racing, ended up buying it, he put a 351C in it, then sold the car without the motor, my brother ended up buying it for his son, but his son is not into mingling with mechanics, brother offered to me..and like a dumb shit...said no to it..lol;:;banghead I LOVE MUSTANGS!! Especially the fastbacks!!!!!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;banghead I LOVE MUSTANGS!! Especially the fastbacks!!!!!
Im a FE engine nut. so Mustangs with the 390 are awesome to me, but better yet a 68/69 fastback with a 428 cobra jet/ super cobra jet is almost the holy grail for me. Right behind a 66 Shelby Cobra SC 427

D-Racer

Founding Member
Founding Member
002.jpgThe rat.jpg1980 Corvette that my wife bought for my 40th birthday and my 1968 Camaro that runs high 10's in the quarter. All three keepers :cool:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 198
  • This month: 168
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57