Destination Fishing Trip??

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
End of thought… lol
End(?)......of, thought!?!?;@:,......

As far as destination fishing spots - Lake Winnepeg for walleye, RR of the Far North for channel cats, Cascade for perch, Bakers Narrows for multispecies, Ft. Peck for walleye and lakers, LOW for muskie, northern, and lakers and secret local lake for next state record largemouth.

Things were did in them there words....

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another Awesome trip I havn't got around to posting on here was Tybee Island Georgia for Bull Redfish in October. I've went twice so far, and will probably continue to go every other year. Basic live bait surf rig with a live or dead mullet or similar baitfish, theres VRBO's and Airbnb's all along the beach for easy walk out access whenever you wanna wet a line. Downtown Tybee is fun at night if you like doing some bar hoppin, the Pier is fun to fish, and theres lots of backwater creeks and bridges for slot reds, flounder, sea trout, sheepshead, etc.

Fly into Savannah GA, rent a car, and Tybee is about a half hour drive from the airport. I bring my own reels, smaller travel rods, and just buy a couple big surf rods, rod holders, & a cast net at walmart.
The surf produces lots of big redfish up to 45", misc sharks and rays, a surprise tarpon or two, and a half dozen smaller surf species.

redfish1.jpg
redfish2.jpg
Wow ! now that sounds fun. Thanks for sharing

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a mild fear of the ocean, and dark water. Even on Sak sometimes the water is Eire.
Glad I am not the only one. Went to the Caribbean one time and we snorkled right off the ledge that went to deep water. Was dam freaky.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad I am not the only one. Went to the Caribbean one time and we snorkled right off the ledge that went to deep water. Was dam freaky.
We snorkeled down in the keys near a ledge like that and the guy running the charter told us to keep the boat between us and that ledge. He said we would see everything we wanted to without going out over that ledge and that was a good way to get in a bad situation…definitely eerie

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We snorkeled down in the keys near a ledge like that and the guy running the charter told us to keep the boat between us and that ledge. He said we would see everything we wanted to without going out over that ledge and that was a good way to get in a bad situation…definitely eerie
They didn't want us going out over the ledge either..not sure why but figured probably shark related. Didn't want to either...all nice crystal clear and blue and then deeper blue and deeper blue..then black..dam freaky ha.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a mild fear of the ocean, and dark water. Even on Sak sometimes the water is Eire.
It's called respect - and it generally keeps people alive.

We're way more lizard-brained that we care to believe. Listen to those hard-wired reactions. Many lost their lives donating to the selection of certain traits (by their being removed from the gene pool).

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was kayaking over dark water on swells in Fiji a handful of years ago, I felt this. I especially felt it when a sea krait tried to climb in with me when I wasn't paying attention.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've often wondered if bones, tarpon and permit are ever eaten?...
From what I've learned, bonefish are called that for a reason. The old timers in The Bahamas eat them occasionally out of tradition, kind of like my squarehead brethren and lutefisk. Tarpon are also incredibly bony and carry an unpleasant odor. Permit are in the same genus as pompano, and pompano are delicious. I'm going to need to eat a permit for research. Had shots at several on this trip, but they all gave me the middle fin.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah there is definitely something spooky about those deep ocean ledges that drop off into the abyss. I just assume that's where the predators are lurking for some easy prey. I've went over them while snorkeling and pretty quickly turned back around, a guy starts breathing a bit heavy as soon as you go over and cant see anything below.

I have jumped into the ocean in HI into 1000'+ before and you can open your eyes without goggles and look straight down into nothing but the deep blue. It puts a shiver down your spine but it is a really cool experience.

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I've learned, bonefish are called that for a reason. The old timers in The Bahamas eat them occasionally out of tradition, kind of like my squarehead brethren and lutefisk. Tarpon are also incredibly bony and carry an unpleasant odor. Permit are in the same genus as pompano, and pompano are delicious. I'm going to need to eat a permit for research. Had shots at several on this trip, but they all gave me the middle fin.
Permit is delicious

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93