Diabetes

Do you have diabetes and would you like to learn and share information ?

• Yes , I have diabetes and I'd join.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I exchanged PMs with LBrandt after he mentioned about diabetes in his snell post and we shared information and I learned a lot in just a couple PMs. We thought about starting a group here for a learning tool for others in the same boat if there as enough interest. Figured I'd do a little poll first and see if there is enough interest to start a group, If nothing else "breaking the ice" might open up PMs with others that might have questions/answers about diabetes.

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont have Diabetes, but deal with clients that do on a regular basis. That is a wonderful Idea Davey.

Maybe complaining about the groups will make them more beneficial.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
We talking type 1 or type 2 or 3?

Type 1 is a totally different animal and is a true disease than type 2 or 3 which are purely lifestyle and diet driven and reversible without any meds. My moms side of the family ran rampant with type 2 typical german from Russia dough grease bread beer and repeat.
I had a physical @ 42 three years ago and was very overweight and doc said My blood tests showed I was "Prediabetic" A1C and cholesterol were both very high Said I wouldn't be leaving most Dr's offices without being prescribed medications with a quick wink looked me in the eye and said it is totally fixable without meds. 6 months later My Dr's had not seen such fast transformation to better than average blood test results and other health markers. Went grain free and started exercising everyday and dropped 90 lbs in 9 months.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont have it but have family members that do and with alot of it being health related i would listen.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn, Good work Wild and Free. I thought I was doing good dropping nearly 35 pounds since september. Dr. says I've dropped 50# of fat and added some muscle which puts me around 35 pounds down total but you are kickin ass. I too was told I was prediabetic because of my A1C. Turns out if you cut out most of the soda and stop eating gas station pizzas and burritos, it's not hard to lose weight. I haven't done the grain free thing but have dramatically changed my eating habits. And I drink a boatload of water now. I haven't started exercising really yet, but I do plan to soon.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be interested in said group as I suspect I am a candidate, mmm pizza.. If there is a group how will I know what they are doing as I am in a couple and didn't remember them until yesterday... how bout a group for alzheimers.... forget it , no one will remember

Deermeister

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 10 year old son was diagnosed with diabetes at age 2.5 and I tell ya, it's a life changing diagnosis. But if you know how to take care of yourself, you can live a totally normal life! A few years ago he was also diagnosed with celiac. Gluten free is so much harder in my opinion. Now you can't eat whatever you want. Makes it difficult to go out to eat. Have to pick and choose just a few select places.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to try gluten free, but then I see bread and go "Fuck Yea!!!! Bread!!!!"

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worm my wife went gluten free for a while. I actually used to make bread for her in the bread maker... Let me tell ya what, I found some Gluten Free bread recipes that turned out pretty damned good. They were kinda dense, but man were they good. The only reason Gluten is necessary in bread is because it is a binding agent. I made bread for my wife using coconut flour instead of wheat flour and for the binding agent I used either guar gum or xantham gum. I also made some pretty damned good pizza crusts too.

deano

Founding Member
Founding Member
this would be good!! i have ms things are good with that, check out the book wahls protocol its a diet that is helping many with any auto immune, like diabetes,crohns and all the others. [h=2][/h]

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I started the group for anyone that wants to join. Not necessarily limited to diabetes, anything medical and health related, Anyone can start another topic within the group that is more specific to their questions/issues.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31