Douglas Bay Boat Ramp

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing "neat" at all about that, let me tell ya...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My daughter jumped off a storage shed roof, broke a bone in her foot, then went to a baskerball game and played a double header. She waited until the game was over to tell me and mom her foot was likely broken...now that is neat.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
a6f6a409479896a9c7322011e7383315.jpg

I want a liter of cola whats a liter? Its french for i want a fucking large. hahah Farva rules

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My daughter jumped off a storage shed roof, broke a bone in her foot, then went to a softball game and played a double header. She waited until the game was over to tell me and mom her foot was likely broken...now that is neat.

done with softball for the year then?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
done with softball for the year then?[/QUOTE
No, I should have said basketball. She was having a sleep over at a team mates place when it happened, then the tourney was the next day, she played a set of games then told us. She had to wear a goofy boot for 4 weeks and keep it wrapped. It was a growth plate fracture, whatever the heck that means.

I mixed up her sports, she actually has her season ender tourney tonight for fast pitch ball.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Growth plate means it needs to get fixed asap. Otherwise she'll have to buy a size 6 shoe and a size 9 shoe.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As far as mrs johnr told me its fixed.
I stay out of the doctors office, as I cant follow instructions

Wallykiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not trying to condone any poor behavoir, and I was now where near the ramp in question. This particular ramp does have 2 different signs roughly 3ft by 3ft in contrasting colors showing the parking areas and direction. I remember a few days ago there was certain individuals on this site complaining about shore fisherman parking cars in the trailer parking areas along the mo river boat ramps. Nothing like calling the kettle black!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like somebody should be mad at their buddy. Or themselves.

I always clearly describe where and how gal should park when she does it. It's my responsibilty to the fishing community as Captain of a fishing vessel. Just sayin.

mlindquist

Founding Member
Founding Member
The signs do not indicate which direction to park, they indicate where you can and cannot park. Even so, if I park my rig in the no parking area call the corp and turn me in, don't mess with my personal belongings....or leave a note to tell me.

Guy....yes, looking back I should've told him how to park. I didn't tell him because he's a grown adult, didn't think it needed explaining. He took up several parking spots, was not blocking anybody, the road, nor the ramp. No reason to be mad at my buddy or myself....good reason to be mad at the idiot that thinks he can do whatever he wants down there.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not trying to condone any poor behavoir, and I was now where near the ramp in question. This particular ramp does have 2 different signs roughly 3ft by 3ft in contrasting colors showing the parking areas and direction. I remember a few days ago there was certain individuals on this site complaining about shore fisherman parking cars in the trailer parking areas along the mo river boat ramps. Nothing like calling the kettle black!

Kind of sounds like you may know the perpetrators. Pretty sure calling someone out and messing with someone's personal property are two differnt things.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, I'd say letting air out of someone tires because they parked wrong is a little off the deep end, if it bothers a guy that bad the note would have done the job.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm somewhere in the middle. Though letting air out isn't my style, I 'get it' and bet you, your friend, and a lot of us on nda are now more conscious of where we park at the ramps. Sorry it was you, glad it wasn't me, gotta break some eggs from time to time I guess.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should state that I sure don't condone the "letting of the air" unless it's a block-in or totally douche parking maneuver. That said I'd also be thankful the tires weren't slashed or your truck wasn't keyed this day/age with all the psychos we seem to be generating.

A couple months back a meth-head had to turn tightly with his POS Chevy cobalt to get to the gas pump because I was gassing my truck at a small station and the person in front of me was parked dorky and messing with stuff in their trunk so my truck's butt was sticking out.

He lit into me with about a dozen f-bombs as he paced back/forth nervously filling his POS. I just looked at him blankly the entire time - not taking my eye off him for a second in case he decided to do a bath salts maneuver and eat my innards (guy is still pretty quick with his sprint when he needs to be). I used the blank look so as not to let him know how badly I wanted to pick up a tire iron and end his misery for him. He's either dead or in jail by now I suppose. Yeesh.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bring a bouncer to guard your vehicle. Had some dirtbag hit and run my trailer at dl a couple years ago. I was parked correctly.
I bring this guy along now.
image.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 182
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 64