Driveway Oil Stains

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
1712585112604.png
Think safe for removing tar/oil from vehicles paint ?

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have used it on vehicles for years. Works good. Just like anything caustic, make sure you rinse it good once the tar is off. Have never had an issue

fishhooker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have an effective method to remove or reduce oil stains on the driveway? I tried a few chemicals and pressure washer last year, no bueno. YouTube searches seem to leave me hopeless that it's really possible.
i tried alot of different chemicals and none seemed to do the job until i tried a product call CHOMP pull it out.... worked great, just follow directions...

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was it clear-coated/sealed? If so, I would imagine some of the colorful molecules in the oil diffused into the clear coat, out of reach of detergent/solvents. Meaning that until the clear coat is removed the stain will remain.
No, not clear coated or sealed. I'm guessing nearly 40 year old concrete that's outdoors. Seems pretty porous. I'm interested in the Citrol you posted and the "CHOMP" chemical mentioned.....

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its amazing what brake fluid uses are from paint remover to internal firearm cleaning components with paying for the same shit called "birchwood casey" at twice the price and now oil spots....

Im using old furnace filters to sop up little spot leaks these days,it helps.

Don't be stingy with lube after using BC on a gun. It really seems to draw carbon out of steel.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd try baking soda/peroxide then a soapy pressure wash. You may want to get the same thing at the YMCA after a good steam.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Surprised how well the citrus products work and theres no harsh chemicals. Iv'e tried just about every harsh chemical and petro based product there is.
The first time I tried citrus was on an 80+ year old tractor with baked on grease and oil. I was leery at first and then impressed. I usually wait for a day when it's sprinkling and cool so I can spray it down good and leave it soak good for a few hours without it evaporating away. It still takes time and elbow work but it's as good if not better than anything else Iv'e tried. Dawn soap and simple green are a couple more good ones.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive used citrus paint remover on furniture and it worked just as good as the toxic zip strip .
Now that we have to try . We've used many gallons of stripper over the years and finally just quit stripping furniture because most of that stuff is pure nasty.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 208
  • This month: 182
  • This month: 165
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 90