Drug Bust WTF?

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
BERTHOLD, N.D. -- Authorities seized 11½ pounds of methamphetamine during a traffic stop on Tuesday, Jan. 3, and are calling it one of the largest drug busts in North Dakota.

Authorities arrested three Washington men, David Salazar, 47, Gregorio Capetillo, 24, and Louis Parra Magana, 19, for misdemeanor drug possession.
A search warrant was conducted on the vehicle, which led to the discovery of cocaine, heroin, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, cash and several firearms, police Chief Al Schmidt said in a news release.
The case has been forwarded to the Ward County State’s Attorney.
In 2014, Schmidt was involved in a seizure of 11 pounds of meth in Berthold, which was believed to be the state’s biggest bust at the time, the chief said.
Berthold is about 25 miles west of Minot

11 1/2lbs= Misdemeanor?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were charged with misdemeanors so they had the right to arrest them the state's attorney will file the felony counts later.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha ha ha... that's got to be a typo or other mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Berthold.jpg

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thats crazy. I expect this will put a dent in the supply of street drugs that have been floating around town recently. Or maybe not....suppose someone else will fill in the gap. But really how many dealers like this can there be in an area the size of minot? Did these guys live in berthold or just passing through? I am sure law enforcement will see a sharp drop in drug offenses since they took this off the street but probably wont last long.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get this trash outta here. They need to make an example of this crap. Unfortunately our justice system isn't set up this way.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
decrease in drug offenses, increase in B&E and theft. Supply is down, demand is high....price it high. The tweakers will need some extra cash to kill themselves.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if they can hurry up and get charged and convicted so Odummer can pardon before he leaves office?;:;banghead

Perchslayer

Established Member
My gramps had an old Quonset and people were living in it! He found that out four years ago it's locked up now

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha ha ha... that's got to be a typo or other mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Berthold.jpg
I want to pick that rifle up at an auction once the trial is over so I can shoot it. I don't mean I want to discharge the weapon, I mean I want to put it down like an old horse. WTF

Redneck1

The news article states they were stopped for too much dark tinted vehicle windows.I would tend to believe that the cops were watching these shitheads n waiting for the right oppurtunity to nab them.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else think the bakken boom has done more harm than good to North Dakota ?

Yea no.... this shits been going on for a long time... this can't be blamed on just the boom.... Sure it may have a little bit to do with it, but drugs like this have been around the area for many years prior to the bakken boom...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if they picked them up in Berthold because they wanted to avoid a potential and expected shoot-out in Minot?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else think the bakken boom has done more harm than good to North Dakota ?

You bitch and moan like the one guy at work who didn't go in on the lottery pool with co-workers when they win and retire but you have to keep working.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
There must be all sorts of stories floating around , I'm sure the article I read said they picked them up for no license plate and for crossing the center line.

- - - Updated - - -

You bitch and moan like the one guy at work who didn't go in on the lottery pool with co-workers when they win and retire but you have to keep working.[/QUOTE]

Bitch and Moan ? Haha Probably more like able to pay attention to detail and not afraid to call a spade a spade , Nothing more nothing less. Tell me what our state has to show for the boom besides worn out roads and a shit load of school additions that are probably not needed a of now. We were doing just fine with 40some rigs running in the in the 70s and the boom of the 80s damn near bankrupt the west , Then things were sailing smooth again and the bakken boom came along and repeated history Now tell me a few things our state has now that is a direct benefit of the bakken boom From what I read it sure as hell isn't money because all I hear on the news is budget cuts.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to see Gov't contracting rather than bloating. There's an awful lot of individual wealth that's been created as well as a mighty friggin' large reserve in the state coffers.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to see Gov't contracting rather than bloating. There's an awful lot of individual wealth that's been created as well as a mighty friggin' large reserve in the state coffers.

I shouldn't even start but since you made the claim that I'm bitching and moaning I Think I'll finish what you just started , I'm sure as hell am not Bitching and moaning like you claim, I asked a simple question and now due to your response I'm simply telling it the way it is , You just have a hard time accepting the facts as they are.

I was talking the economy of the STATE itself but since you brought up individual wealth I'll go there too. A lot of This individual mineral wealth you speak of goes to shareholders out of state, Sure some stays here and yes there were a bunch of jobs created but the majority of the employees were from out of state and now a lot of them are stuck here sucking on state and federal tit waiting for the industry to pick back up. NOT ONLY THAT , the boom drove long time elderly residents out of western North Dakota due to the inflated cost of living. Don't forget about the long time established businesses that lost employees and some even had to close the doors because of workers lost to higher paying short term jobs and guess who came back crawling after the boom was over begging for their job back.

I will never hold it against anyone that changes jobs to better themselves, That is not my point , The oilfield for the most part is a feathers and steak boom and bust industry is my point. I could go on about the economy, Budget cuts and infrastructure but I'll save it for later.
The important part is the last of the quiet frontier that has vanished right in front of our eyes in the last 10 years , That is where our state suffered the most , Money isn't shit , we can reclaim that in the future one way or another. All I know first hand about North Dakota is from the late 50s up till today, They were all good years except for the last 10, They sucked for North Dakota, I said it was going to happen before it happened and was told I was bitching and moaning back then too. FWIW, I'm not the guy at work that "lost out" and had to keep working like you "think", I sold my small drilling company when money was flying around like snowflakes and made out like a bandit but Money isn't everything , I wish I was still out in the mud making money the hard way and had good old North Dakota back the way it was 10 years ago. You can take that to the bank.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 181
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 58