F Under Armour

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was thinking the same thing. Was there so much visibility of UA in the video that anyone watched it and then was offended to the point of "I'm not buying anymore UA, they sponsored a bear hint with a spear." Maybe it's because I rarely pay attention to ads but if I was the CEO of UA I would have just moved along and not responded to either side and let it blow over.

Baffles me how easily people are offended these days. How do today's comedians make a living without offending someone? What do they use for material?
Couldn't even tell what brand clothing it was, I am sure some lame loser who has nothing else better to do found out this couple was sponsored by under Armour and started to make a big deal out it. I mean what if they would have shot that bear with a re-curve bow?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are Lott's of videos of spear hunting on YouTube why is this one getting hell he didn't do anything wrong some videos are 8 yrs old I find this a bunch of bs if I could spear a beR or anything for that matter I would celebrate more then he did shit I celebrate more then that making a great shot on a yote then he did

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure why this video went viral in the wrong way, I think it might have to do with that it was a bear. Or people are just becoming more pussified by the day and their voice is getting bigger strong with all the social media outlets

justanothermike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe it's because his wife is sponsored by UA. From a couple articles I read that had more to do with it than anything. They won't be getting any more of my money. What a stupid move by UA.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
images

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I hope the same ninnies find this offensive and can go and try to change the way these people hunt/live. I am guessing UA won't be sponsoring them anytime soon either.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait you mean people actually bought their hunting clothing. I must be missing something, does that florescent yellow UA attract game? :;:huh

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 7th grade daughter is insistent on under armor clothing, as 99% of her class is covered in it. Likely going to continue to purchase their shit with the same negative attitude as always, way over priced, and no better than the shit brand Walmart sells, imho

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya im done with UA i can see where people would say this is unethical because lets face it less than a half of a half of a percent hunts with a spear, well you go back in history and its probably 50-80% hunts with a spear because the technology wasnt there to use anything better, I am a huge believer in doing some things the old way keep some of those traditions alive and the fact that he went face to face against a bear armed with only a spear, and according to the video not even a protection side arm or rifle or anything, now if you are some left winger lib who hates hunting because of the unfairness and unethicalness to animals. this hunt is by far the most even keel fair match up one on one hunting match i have ever seen in my life and the fact that he made the spear to certain specifications, trained and trained and trained for this hunt and made a hell of a throw on a giant bear and he was laying there stone dead the next morning... way to go, and the fact that he got over excited and freaked out about spearing a bear, you get down face to face with a giant black bear and go after him with a spear and you tell me that the feelers are overwhelmed with excitedment and you dont do a little dance that all your hard work and preperation had paid off on a hunt! i wish more hunters, myself included, would take the time to be better practiced and more disciplined with our weapons of choice for our hunts as this guy was very prepared for him, anyway my .02
oh and a hunter camo company going after one of their own sponsored hunters for a legal bear kill in Canada, if thats not the most bassackwards thing ever i dont know what is UA may as well end their camo/hunting line of gear if this is how they treat their own, also i cant tell you the huge amounts of respect i would gain if certain hunting shows/clubs/groups. with a lot of pull start dropping UA like a bad habit and go to other people to look for sponsorship, that in its own would, i think, be very very cool kind of a stick it to the man thing.. we dont need to put up with your BS, if you dont have our back as a whole we dont have your back ok, that was too much typing for monday morning,
give me my damn goat tag NDGF, im spearing one this year! :;:stirthepot

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if the pipe protesters will get on board with the ua protesters and we can have a protest gang bang

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
When are people going to learn it's the "pro hunters" who are the ones that cause the controversy.

UA wouldn't give two shits if Joe Blow speared a bear on his bear hunt in Alberta, but when you use hunting as your platform to gain your 15 minutes of fame, you are asking for it. But sadly its going to be the rest of the average hunting population who suffers for the size of these idiots ego's.

Last edited:

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 7th grade daughter is insistent on under armor clothing, as 99% of her class is covered in it. Likely going to continue to purchase their shit with the same negative attitude as always, way over priced, and no better than the shit brand Walmart sells, imho
You're missing a golden opportunity to change the world one kid at a time here johnr!;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 266
  • This month: 225
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 79