Fargo outdoor stores

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking to stock up on fishing stuff in Fargo, Is Fleet Farm and Scheels the only two big outdoor stores left ?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much.

Runnings in Moorhead gets an honorable mention - but sales/deals are RARE there.
Yeah Runnings is weird, a lot of stuff is over priced but then occasionally you'll find something way cheaper than Scheels. I once walked in there for a random thing and ended up walking out with an entire Otter Atv set up - (Otter box, rod case, pivot hitch etc) for nearly 50% off.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks , It's probably better that way for me anyway. I usually find a bargain bin with stuff so cheap that it's worth that even if I never use it. Then I never use it.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Outdoorsman off 13th Ave decent for higher end hunting stuff

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've actually found good deals at times at Camping World on Main Ave in West Fargo. Didn't know they had a decent selection of sporting goods, ammo, etc. Not huge, but more than I thought.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've actually found good deals at times at Camping World on Main Ave in West Fargo. Didn't know they had a decent selection of sporting goods, ammo, etc. Not huge, but more than I thought.
The owner of camping world stated that conservatives/ Trump supporters can shop elsewhere. I have a hard time giving money to a person that dismisses half the population, especially the half that actually buy campers.. Guy and his store can eff off

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The owner of camping world stated that conservatives/ Trump supporters can shop elsewhere. I have a hard time giving money to a person that dismisses half the population, especially the half that actually buy campers.. Guy and his store can eff off
Well, I hadn't researched them at all. Thanks for the info! Time to look a little closer.....

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have a link ? I could care less if you say that he said shit. also If you or someone from Boston said that someone from Colorado said that. Would it make it more credible ? I'm not asking you , I'm telling you and Iv'e been waiting for a while to give you some shit so I think it's time .

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol . I was just giving Johnr crap. Political junk takes up 0% of my hard drive. Both parties are a joke if you ask me.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
lol . I was just giving Johnr crap. Political junk takes up 0% of my hard drive. Both parties are a joke if you ask me.
Fair, but I knee jerk reacted without verifying. Not what I'm about. And yes, both parties are so buried in their own agendas that neither can be trusted.

I scored Striker mittens at 65% off last year and a pair of Striker gloves....I don't regret either as they've served me well!

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last time I was back in that section at the Fargo store they had greatly reduced their stock of sporting goods and I think they had gotten rid of their guns and ammo. That was about a year ago. It's worth a look if you get close to that area.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I mean... there's Scheels. What else would you want? Don't like their prices? They'll price match most of the time. The other day I was buying some ammo for a buddy. Scheels price: $41. Looked it up on Ammoseek and found a few sites selling it for $29. Yep, they matched it.
Scheels is awesome. There's a reason you can't hardly move in there on the weekends.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I mean... there's Scheels. What else would you want? Don't like their prices? They'll price match most of the time. The other day I was buying some ammo for a buddy. Scheels price: $41. Looked it up on Ammoseek and found a few sites selling it for $29. Yep, they matched it.
Scheels is awesome. There's a reason you can't hardly move in there on the weekends.
I have to agree. Yes it can be spendy, but the price match and customer service with any type of product issues is top notch in my opinion.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's my biggest reason for avoiding the place. Fricking too many idiots just fucking around. Ever since they built the new store I've avoided the place like the plague. Absolutely hate the layout with the hunting/fishing stuff up stairs and don't get me started on the fucking ferris wheel......

If I can't get it online or Fleet Farm I'll try scheels but it's my last resort now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84