Finally cooler temps...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Feels good temp wise this morning, our daylight hours winding down,snow out west in higher elevations already,looking forward to waterfowl season,hard to get fired up early goose with temps hovering around 90 degrees, swatting flies and skeeter's all morning, fall walleye bite should be kicking in soon if not already,muskies are active shallow in my haunts,big girls are on the feed early evening, flat water,great time of year,fall colors just starting.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes hated those mornings goose hunting when it was 70° at daybreak and all you were doing was fighting bugs. Didn't bother so much if the geese were there playing the game.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes hated those mornings goose hunting when it was 70° at daybreak and all you were doing was fighting bugs. Didn't bother so much if the geese were there playing the game.
Agreed,we used yard guard bug spray and thermal cells,to endure the bug onslaught, had to field dress birds to keep the meat from spoiling and ice them asap.,blood drew the flies big time

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We get a couple weeks of ok temps in Sept and then its a yo yo--- then its could snow generally the wind blows to much . Sure opening pheasant generally nice for a couple weeks come end of october its for sure coats I like seasons

Face it our summer season is way to short.

We bitch about the heat --- but I will seriously miss those mornings walking down to the dock firing up the rude with just a t-shirt on, mid to upper 60s. 6-10am is my power hour ---where no jet skis is is a blessing, light wind sun feels good on a busch light hangover. Crack a ice cold bottle of water and swallow it in one big swig.

Throw that wacky out big boil --big splash ----big jump; caught me a biggin but i had to let him go. It just doesnt get any better than that. Tear rolled down my face on Monday morning as i knew it was the end to that life for another 9 months yes 9 months.

Ice fishing way overrated

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We get a couple weeks of ok temps in Sept and then its a yo yo--- then its could snow generally the wind blows to much . Sure opening pheasant generally nice for a couple weeks come end of october its for sure coats I like seasons

We bitch about the heat --- but I will seriously miss those mornings walking down to the dock firing up the rude with just a t-shirt on, mid to upper 60s. 6-10am is my power hour ---where no jet skis is is a blessing, light wind sun feels good on a busch light hangover. Crack a ice cold bottle of water and swallow it in one big swig.

Throw that wacky out big boil --big splash ----big jump; caught me a biggin but i had to let him go. It just doesnt get any better than that. Tear rolled down my face on Monday morning as i knew it was the end to that life for another 9 months yes 9 months.

So what you said is that you dont wear pants and you knocked up the wife Monday morning. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . LB

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sure could use some more wind down here geese were landing every which way but where i wanted them to. Some north winds would be ok

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Co-worker at Granville had the dew frizzen on top of his car this morning. 🤬

You guys wishing for colder temps, I hope you freeze in hell. 🥶

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137