Fish Creek Dam

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone been to Fish Creek Dam south of Judson lately? Has it filled back up with water after it was drained to repair the dam? Any fishing reports? Used to be fun to fly fish on nice calm fall evenings. Lots of trout, crappies, and bass. Wouldn't mind giving it another try but wondering if anyone can give me a heads up. Thanks.

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The water level is pretty much back to normal and boats can get from the ramp out to the lake following the creek channel.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was draining into the spillway this spring, I'm sure it has come down a little over the summer. Oddly enough i did way better two years ago when it was low, the last two years have been much slower the few times I've went out. I usually give it a whirl a couple times early spring and late fall. The rest of the summer is a bit weedy.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info. Is the old boat ramp on the NE bay unusable? Do you fly fish Bfishn? Are or were there still trout in the lake?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the only useable boat ramp is the one right as you drive in on the west side. I’ve pretty much only caught trout the last few and there are some pretty good ones in there. Keep trying different bead head nymphs, woolly buggars, etc. usually if you find the right fly you will know within a half hour.

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't tried fly fishing out there but have caught some rainbows and the occasional brown trout, but not great size of either type. Crappie, largemouth, smallmouth, and bluegill are also there. The small bass hammer worms so fast that it doesn't seem possible to filter through to bigger ones. Saw some folks by the boat ramp catch some nice bass on frogs and decent trout on worms.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33