Fish taxidermist in bismarck?

Fishhard

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking for suggestions for a taxidermist that does a good job on northerns in the Bismarck area. I know the painting is one of the hardest parts so I'm wondering if anybody has any pictures of their northern also or a website of the taxidermist that I can look at their work. I hate to have it done and the paint job not look right or the paint goes to hell in a couple years. Thanks for any help I can get!

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about with crappies? I would love to get some mounted but am leary of dropping the coin on a mount I dont like. I'm picky when it comes taxidermy, and 75% fish look like, well....Crappie. (see what I did there...)

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look at their gallery. I think they do a really nice job, and I like tier crappies the best.

red eyed devil

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had good work done by majestic outdoors and also there is a guy in menoken cant remember his name though should be easy to find he did a trout for me it was nice

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a northern last fall and looked around and went to Prairie Ponds Taxidermy and checked out some of his work, he was just finishing up a northern when I was there and it looked pretty good so I took mine there.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
My own personal preference I wouldn't take anything to j and k. I have seen there fish first hand and we'll if they are not a show piece for there display room or a show piece for a show. They look like over priced pos. Contact multi he might be able to help u out. I have not seen any northern done by him but the paint detail on his eyes are great.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
No im not good at pike yet...
Well i dont since i havent tortured myself by mounting one yet. Best pike ive seen are by S&S here in minot, but theres a bit of a wait to get them back. Ive got some of my own pike im working on and ill post pics of the disasters when im done.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wes Berg

He lives east of Bismarck out by the golf course.

I'm waiting on a full mount badger that I got out coyote hunting.

Last edited:

Fishhard

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wlyhntr, did you get your northern back yet? I've been doing some searching and his fish mounts caught my eye. My walleye taxidermist will not do northerns so that is why I am searching. If you did not get it back what is your wait time roughly.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54