Freezing your shaft??

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it is froze just take a small bucket or a empty pop bottle and pour water from the lake or river on it and it will un thaw. only thing is you have to pour more water on it after you move to get it back in the water but it keeps you fishing

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could try Pam spray or her sister. We used to spray our plastic sleds with Pam to give them a bit more speed in our sled races.

This^^

I use pam on my ice auger, snow blower, shovels, blades, etc to keep them from freezing up. In the spring i always spray down the shaft of the troller with silicone spray.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just unsure of spraying just anything on the plastic, I've used sprays on augers and what not as well-all are metal and I know it won't harm it, making a trolling motor shaft brittle or having dust and what not cling to it and chew shit up was my main concern, will probably give the silicone spray a shot

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Pam is the answer to a frozen shaft then? Sounds appropriate to me....I've known a few Pam's who probably couldn't unthaw a hotdog in a microwave....and then a few who didn't need the microwave! Ok, I've never actually met anyone named Pam.....might explain the frozen shaft.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
wipe it down helps and let water drain a little bit also spraying with wd40 helps

do not use WD40... it will make the plastic on a minnkota motor squeak like a 2 year old in the candy isle... use armor all (per minnkota)

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I knew a pam, she was smoking hot, and very uninterested in johnr

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 99
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72