Frozen Four '2021

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW! Now they just need to close it out. OT hockey is the best!

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
@@@momentum@@@ and a freshman (nervous) goalie for them..... here we go!!

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regarding the woman doing the play-by-play, Someone oughta secure her to a guillotine and give Doc Emerick the rope.

#NAILSONACHALKBOARD.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hockey Nascar. The two sports that let me go do a quickie actually more then a quickie and not miss anything.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those boys are gonna sleep good tonight. I'm tired just from watching.

- - - Updated - - -

It would have been nice to see them get pickets to Tittsburgh but it wasn't meant to be.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regarding the woman doing the play-by-play, Someone oughta secure her to a guillotine and give Doc Emerick the rope.

#NAILSONACHALKBOARD.

omg again -- and yes i agree cly she needs to go get another job

She is a second cousin to Matt Hextall that played for Dave Haxstol at UND in the mid 2000's and a grandniece of Dave Hextall that played for UND in the '60's when I was at UND. She knows hockey but her enunciation is not good.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough. and I mean TOUGH damn loss tonight. I am pretty sure I've never seen a game before that went into the 5th overtime.

Damnit!

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
She is a second cousin to Matt Hextall that played for Dave Haxstol at UND in the mid 2000's and a grandniece of Dave Hextall that played for UND in the '60's when I was at UND. She knows hockey but her enunciation is not good.

Brett Hextall maybe?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brett Hextall maybe?

You are right, I wasn't watching UND hockey back then because it was not as available in CA on the internet as it is now. Brett played for Dave Haxstol and Dennis's brother or nephew Ron was the GM for Philly and hired Dave for the coaches position 5 years ago or so at a $10M 5 year contract.

Leah Hextall's uncle, Dennis, starred at UND for two years and became the program's first NHL player in 1968. More than 100 have since followed. Her second cousin, Brett, played three years at UND, helping the program reach the NCAA Frozen Four in 2011.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm groggy today for staying up for the end, but was well worth it. Great entertainment but the stars didn't align. Sioux looked like they were getting tired legs, understandable. Great effort !

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are right, I wasn't watching UND hockey back then because it was not as available in CA on the internet as it is now. Brett played for Dave Haxstol and Dennis's brother or nephew Ron was the GM for Philly and hired Dave for the coaches position 5 years ago or so at a $10M 5 year contract.

Leah Hextall's uncle, Dennis, starred at UND for two years and became the program's first NHL player in 1968. More than 100 have since followed. Her second cousin, Brett, played three years at UND, helping the program reach the NCAA Frozen Four in 2011.

Brett, Leah & Ron Hextall. Dave Hakstol was the UND coach who was at Philly and is now with Toronto.

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan pulling out of the tournament with Covid issues and Duluth getting a free pass in the first round because of it, really hurt us last night. The boys played almost 11 periods of hockey in 2 days against a team who hadn't played in nearly 2 weeks. Great effort and that's all we can ask for. We out played them for most of the OT periods, but fatigue set in.

I though Bubs would pull Scheel after the 3rd OT. Considering Duluth's goalie went out with cramps, Scheel probably could have used a rest at some point. Scheel's fatigue likely played a huge part in Duluth's OT goal.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Brett, Leah & Ron Hextall. Dave Hakstol was the UND coach who was at Philly and is now with Toronto.

- - - Updated - - -

Michigan pulling out of the tournament with Covid issues and Duluth getting a free pass in the first round because of it, really hurt us last night. The boys played almost 11 periods of hockey in 2 days against a team who hadn't played in nearly 2 weeks. Great effort and that's all we can ask for. We out played them for most of the OT periods, but fatigue set in.

I though Bubs would pull Scheel after the 3rd OT. Considering Duluth's goalie went out with cramps, Scheel probably could have used a rest at some point. Scheel's fatigue likely played a huge part in Duluth's OT goal.

I think the defender kind of screened scheel on that goal so he didn’t see it good. Tough way to lose but Duluth has always given UND a hard time to win.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the defender kind of screened scheel on that goal so he didn’t see it good. Tough way to lose but Duluth has always given UND a hard time to win.

I'm sure he was screened a bit, but you'd think from 20+ feet away he should have time to track the puck past the screen. Sandelin is a hell of a coach, and he and Bubs think a lot alike....the fact that they were teammates at UND factor in somehow? I hope UMD brings it home...great program. As long as the national title stays in the NCHC I'll be happy.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not to mention the mental fatigue after that many minutes between the pipes. It'll be interesting to see how many old records were broken in the Stats , A bunch I bet.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cancelled my Shittsburg airline tickets for credit that I will use at Homecoming or the Hall of Fame game.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Golden Rodents are out. UMD vs UMass and SCSU vs Mankato in Frozen Four. 3 teams from Minn, 2 NCHC and 1 WCHA. Shows that the NCAA D-1 Hockey power is in the west, not New England or Michigan.

Ryan Sandelin and Mankato go to Frozen Four and his Dad and UMD also go. If they play each other it would be for the Championship!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93