G & F Violations

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I quick read the new article about the top violations for 2016 and have a quick thought. "Failure to carry license on person" topped the list.

Does said license have to be a signed paper copy? Or does a PDF or screen shot on your phone count for proof of license?

I think that since they require all to be done digitally a digital copy should work on our end too? Or am I wrong with this thought?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
A digital copy is legal. Makes sure you download it. First time I did it I just emailed it and took a little bit to pull it up with the shitty reception.

To avoid any hassles I print 5 coppies of all licenses one in my wallet, boat, both trucks and camper. Many times my phone is dead after a long day.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, PDF on my phone. Paper copies in the boat, truck, and a tackle box.

The one to also remember is to keep your big game/turkey tags on your person.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do the same Ericb. Most of the time I reach for the paper copy so I don't have to search through my phone.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
A couple copies is not a bad idea, Ive gotten used to just keeping it in my wallet and carry that everywhere anyways.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing for you ladies to remember so you don't get a ticket is, you need a new boat license this year. Just did mine on line.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
I screen shoot the image when I purchase my license on my phone and haven't printed one out for 3 years now. Been checked once on Audabon and the warden had no problem with it.

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont own a cell phone so I have to keep a paper copy on me... the only time I've been given a ticket was for being in a boat without a life jacket... (was putting the boat in at the dock and life jackets were still in the box of the pickup) $25 bucks for that one so...make sure your life jackets are in the boat before you slide it off the trailer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing is most game and fish officers are going to be decent about this common violation. I have been asked for proof of license on a few occasions, and twice I didn't have it in possession, the guy was decent both times. Once I had my wallet in the pickup and we were in the boat, he gave me the fax number to send it to within 5 days to avoid a ticket, and the second time I purchased it electronically and had no phone on me, but the GNF officer pulled it up on his phone.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also a good idea to take a picture of your insurance card for your vehicle, etc. Easy to misplace in a glove box and they can fine you pretty good if you can't produce that, although again I don't think most cops would do that.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont own a cell phone so I have to keep a paper copy on me... the only time I've been given a ticket was for being in a boat without a life jacket... (was putting the boat in at the dock and life jackets were still in the box of the pickup) $25 bucks for that one so...make sure your life jackets are in the boat before you slide it off the trailer.

You are joking? that guy sounds like a tool.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't believe you got written up just putting your boat in the water and pulling it up to the dock. What the heck.

1pingonly

Founding Member
Founding Member
(Nope, no cell phone although my two teen boys have them.) As for the lifejacket ticket..yah, that was about the lamest thing I had ever seen. Now I stash one of those old orange ones under the bow (its just an old 16' bench seat Lund) so it wont blow out going down the highway. But anyway, Must have been a very slow week for the Warden on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, to clarify, i was in the boat, putting rods and a cooler in while the boat was tied up alongside the dock...so "technically i was in the boat on the water with out a lifejacket"

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do the same Ericb. Most of the time I reach for the paper copy so I don't have to search through my phone.

Yeah, nobody wants to paw through a ton of girly pictures on their phone, whilst G & F looks over your shoulder. Or pics of 5X limits...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34