Garage Lights

GSIOUXO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought these on Amazon….I paid $30 each….see now on sale…..they light up garage like day light….very impressive

[h=2]35W Daylight LED Corn Light Bulb for Indoor Outdoor Large Area - E26 3500Lm 6500K Cool White,for Street Lamp Post Lighting…[/h]
[COLOR=#555555 !important]by [/COLOR][COLOR=#555555 !important]SkyGenius[/COLOR]

Limited time deal
[COLOR=#111111 !important]$ 24 79 [/COLOR][COLOR=#555555 !important]$39.99[/COLOR]Prime
[COLOR=#555555 !important]Get it by [COLOR=#008A00 !important]Tomorrow, Jan 17[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#555555 !important]FREE Shipping on eligible orders[/COLOR]

4.5 out of 5 stars 269

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
LED everywhere. 4' fixtures in the ceiling, "rope" LED lighting under cabinets. My farmland cash renter has done this in his shop, and it's very well lighted and unlike fluorescent, work well even when chilly. 4' shop light fixtures are sold at Costco, draw only 37 watts each. I saw a newspaper ad a week ago for another box store that was selling them at a price competitive with Costco. The most obvious method of installing is via screw-in plugs in old fashioned bulb sockets in the ceiling. For simplicity, I'm thinking of using a bulb socket adapter in my garage door opener lights so the front LED fixtures light up with the garage door opener light switch. That will save me running wiring and installing another light switch.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.menards.com/main/electri...m?tid=7290782300567779848&bargainStoreId=3055

My father in law put these in his unfinished shop. He said they are way brighter than anything he ever had. Has anyone used these in the garage?

I had a couple of my curly florescent bulbs burn out of the weekend and i think i am going to try the 300 watt equivalent.

http://www.menards.com/main/electri...?tid=-3464848173829281228&bargainStoreId=3055

I just put these in my garage couple of the 300watt equivalent, I think they a pretty bright and they way to go if the screw in sockets are your only option will be getting a couple more menards has 11 percent off everything going on now.

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would suggest to go along with all your other lighting to add a motion sensor light for your main door in and out of your garage. I did this 13 years ago and love it. I put one next to both doors so when ever I go in to the garage from our entry or outside a light automatically goes on and I can see.......works especially if you have your hands full carrying stuff. IMHO

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would suggest to go along with all your other lighting to add a motion sensor light for your main door in and out of your garage. I did this 13 years ago and love it. I put one next to both doors so when ever I go in to the garage from our entry or outside a light automatically goes on and I can see.......works especially if you have your hands full carrying stuff. IMHO

We have this too by all of our walkin doors in the inside of the garage. Also with our security system the garage door openers that are mounted on the wall by our walkin door that goes into the house, the push buttom openers have sensors on them that senses when you walk by and turns on the lights for the garage door openers.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anyone else get headaches from rooms with bright fluorescent lights ? I'm good for a couple hours but after that I start getting a headache that worsens until I get out of there.

I used to get headaches like you then I switched to 5000K tubes, the headaches stopped.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone try the LED conversion for the flourecent fixtures? I have twelve eight footers in my shop. Getting sick of buying bulbs.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone try the LED conversion for the flourecent fixtures? I have twelve eight footers in my shop. Getting sick of buying bulbs.

I have not but have looked at them. I think wknwarrior on here could be of some help on this. Pretty sure he deals with this sort of stuff.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member

Better and probably cheaper to just replace them with led. You should be able to produce as much or more light with half the electricity your current devices use. So if you are using 800w now, when all are on, plan to replace with 400w of led fixtures... Thats just a general guideline, some led lights are more efficient than others... You could also just try to match the total lumen output if you like how it is now. Remember that fluorescent tubes degrade rapidly, led dont...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will do, Im hopeful, actually me and 2 buddies are gonna split a case, should be a vast improvement over the crap FL tubes I have now that dim and flicker in the winter...

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
New LED garage lights installed this weekend, 2x the light using half the electricity with no bulbs to replace. Great way to spend $100!
20170424_074047.jpg

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member

I just installed 6 4 foot 6000 luman led lights in a 30x40 garage they are very bright and light the garage well. Looking at the fixtures they were just t8 fixtures with the ballasts removed and led bulbs. for my shop I am going to just buy led bulbs and convert my t8 fixtures

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51