Getting more spam

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The good kind. I fried it to a crisp with eggs and it brought back childhood memories for my wife and I. Neither one of us had eaten it since we were kids and it was good for a change. It has a long shelf life so going to buy a few cans to salt away for a rainy day and for two of my grandsons who are big into survival.

I tried a little sliver of it raw and NOPE, someone's dislike for raw spam is probably where computer spam got it's name.

Anyone else like it or do you snub your nose at both kinds of spam ?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
well its not raw. its fully cooked. but, i understand what you are saying. we get it every so often for nostalgia sake and i do like it. but, unless you are shelfing it for survival food, i can't justify the price. $3.60/12 oz can equates to $4.80/pound. i can get actual ham, hamburger, sometimes bacon, certain beef cuts, etc... all sorts of actual meat for less.

fwiw, i was quoting local grocery store price. i don't shop for food at wally word or uncles sams. i did just google it and do see that it can be had for about 20% less at wally world.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd rather eat bacon grease on a fried egg sandwich, then eat spam. My grandpa would put spam in everything, spam macaroni and cheese, spam hot dish, spam and hash browns, spam and eggs, spam grilled cheese, spam lettuce and tomato. If you didn't eat what was made then you went with out, There probably other dishes to that I can't remember but no spam for me.
I remember down in the basement of my great great grand parents farm there being cans of spam and hormel lunch meat that was never opened.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
besides being 🤮🤢 also not worth it ^^^ when tuna steaks go on sale i will practically buy everyone in the store. bout $6/pound. sometimes less. $5/pound musubi v. $6/sushi? no brainer.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to eat it about twice a year. Do it up same as you. The low sodium stuff is ass.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Menards has it at a decent price
Was there the other day and noticed that they even had it in hickory smoked flavor

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
the hickory smoke is not bad at all. We like it for breakfast with eggs and potatoes. LB

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Menards has it at a decent price
Was there the other day and noticed that they even had it in hickory smoked flavor
speaking of Menards - they have the best off brand American cheese singles I’ve ever tasted

AND the only place I’ve ever seen blueberry unfrosted Pop Tarts

both of these items are go-to’s at “deer camp”

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Warm, toasted, frosted Pop Tarts with a good smear of creamy peanut butter are a "go to" for
a great AM pick-me-up with a hot cup of java!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing wrong with fried spam and eggs. Nothing but flat slices of hot dog as far as I'm concerned and I don't turn my nose up and ANYTHING Mrs KDM cooks and puts in front of me. I'm thankful for every meal she puts together. That is all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84