Got my RTIC coolers just in time by the looks of it!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad I bought my 65 and 20 during that RTIC cooler super bowl sale.
Believe I bought both for a total of around $255.

https://gearjunkie.com/yeti-rtic-coolers-lawsuit-settlement

Cooler Wars: YETI Reaches Settlement With Rival RTIC

800 SHARES
8 COMMENTS

The product lines look nearly identical. Both brands are based in Texas. But after a battle in court, one side is backing down.

Marketed with tag lines that directly affront YETI products, the sales force at RTIC Coolers has never shied from calling out its competition. The company’s site offers side-by-side comparisons, RTIC vs. YETI on materials, size, design, and price.
It was a lucrative business move by RTIC, which in 2015 started selling lookalike coolers on a wave created by YETI. This week, it appears, that wave for RTIC has crashed.
A lawsuit in the United States District Court shows RTIC was too aggressive in its tactics. RTIC Coolers will make an undisclosed payment to YETI and also cease sales of many coolers and drinkware products in its line.
YETI vs. RTIC

At a glance, the main thrust of RTIC’s business appears to be the old-fashioned art of the knock-off. Stand a YETI and an RTIC side by side — it takes a focused eye to see the differences. Both coolers’ contours, lid shape, size, capacity, and even the inverted-T closure tabs are almost identical.
Stark white with a logo stamped in the center, a passerby can easily mistake an RTIC for a YETI. Both are four-letter brand names, and the logos share a blocky look, all the way down to the strong “TI” appearing on the badges.

RTIC Must Cease YETI Knock-offs

Launched in 2015, the products from RTIC are mirrors of many coolers and insulated bottles made by YETI. In side-by-side breakdowns, RTIC has worked to show how its coolers are similar to YETI’s but cost less.
That strategy worked for nearly two years. RTIC sold coolers and gained fans, including more than a million followers on its Facebook page.
But the news this week from the United States District Court appears to show that RTIC went too far. In a press release, RTIC stated it has entered into a settlement with YETI “for the purpose of avoiding the additional costs and uncertainty of continued litigation.”
RTIC will redesign its products and pay YETI. The company expects to roll out a new product line starting this spring.

Last edited:

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep the 65 and 20 with free delivery for about a hundred bucks less than the yeti 65. SWEET I finally got a great deal on something.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just ordered at rtic 20 soft side. figured I better join the Kool kids club before they are gone or changed

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
I also bought some rtic products, rtic 20 and a soft side fliptop 20. I also own a Engel 80, nice cooler but dam are they heavy when full!

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
By "redesign their products" all I see them doing is making them visually differ from the yetti. I'm sure the technology side will remain the same. Hopefully they continue to keep their prices lower than yetti. I have a yetti coozie and a RTIC mug. Both are awesome.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I needed a new cooler this year anyway. For $122 dollars, I couldn't complain. Neither did the wife. Now when the 1500 yard spool of power pro super slick showed up, I lied my ass off.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I needed a new cooler this year anyway. For $122 dollars, I couldn't complain. Neither did the wife. Now when the 1500 yard spool of power pro super slick showed up, I lied my ass off.

Man am I glad I just buy it and put it in the fish room no questions asked.

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took the plunge on one as well. The 65QT was the better deal but was out of stock when I placed my order so I went with the 45QT. Didn't really bother me as I wasn't really wanting the bigger cooler. I also ordered the divider and when they showed up, they sent the basket instead of the divider. I called and they sent the divider and told me to keep the basket free of charge, the lady that helped me actually got a pretty good laugh out of the deal as she was apologizing for the mix up. I was surprised by how heavy the thing is empty, kind of glad I didn't buy the 65. I was in need of a good cooler as the ex ended up the best cooler we had, I got the better deal.:;:muahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88