Guidesman blind from menards?

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you fellas have any experience with these blinds the Guidesman from menards? I know you get what you pay for, but a nice sized fabric pop up blind is $200. These for $500 have me intrigued, need to get to menards to look at one. It's a pentagon so must be good.
https://www.menards.com/main/outdoo...424094243-c-13885.htm?tid=8586607808448418831
Screenshot_2016-11-05-10-06-29.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not that exact one, but have sat in a couple of the similar products and this is what I've found.

The Negatives:

1. LOUD. Any movement of your feet, chair, gun, or other items that come into contact with the blind echos inside and out of the blind.

2. Not enough room for much. A chair will take up most of the space so if you want a heater, plan on burning a hole in either yourself or an item of clothing sometime during the hunt. Also makes turning around to watch for deer interesting. See #1.

3. The hinges/jams of the door or the windows seems to always be warped and won't close securely to keep any wind out or your scent in and tend to rust up and then creak.

4. Windows seem to cloud over pretty fast once in the field so you have to keep them open to see well. Negating any warmth you may want.

5. Unless they are SECURELY tied down or staked or whatever, they are just as susceptible to the wind. Given the weight of this blind, I would be concerned.

The Positives:

Most of the negatives other than the hinges and warping can be mitigated with add ons and a little ingenuity, but that adds expense and without too much trouble, you have spent the same amount as if you had gone and bought the wood, windows, insulation, and other things to build a quiet, warm, roomy, insulated, scent controlling blind that you can share with your wife/kids/friends while hunting.

'Course you won't be as mobile as this blind is.

Last edited:

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not that exact one, but have sat in a couple of the similar products and this is what I've found.

The Negatives:

1. LOUD. Any movement of your feet, chair, gun, or other items that come into contact with the blind echos inside and out of the blind.

2. Not enough room for much. A chair will take up most of the space so if you want a heater, plan on burning a hole in either yourself or an item of clothing sometime during the hunt. Also makes turning around to watch for deer interesting. See #1.

3. The hinges/jams of the door or the windows seems to always be warped and won't close securely to keep any wind out or your scent in and tend to rust up and then creak.

4. Windows seem to cloud over pretty fast once in the field so you have to keep them open to see well. Negating any warmth you may want.

5. Unless they are SECURELY tied down or staked or whatever, they are just as susceptible to the wind. Given the weight of this blind, I would be concerned.

The Positives:

Most of the negatives other than the hinges and warping can be mitigated with add ons and a little ingenuity, but that adds expense and without too much trouble, you have spent the same amount as if you had gone and bought the wood, windows, insulation, and other things to build a quiet, warm, roomy, insulated, scent controlling blind that you can share with your wife/kids/friends while hunting.

'Course you won't be as mobile as this blind is.

Thanks for the pros and cons. I like the fact that they should be fairly light and easy to move and anchor down. I have a homemade blind that we built and is on poles in the air, there is now way a guy wants to be moving that think around to much. But I agree with you it is very well built and insulated and I think we have 700-800 into it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41