Here we go! (Drones)

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should have a drone hovering over and following all the LEOs, with a live feed. Cut down on the naps behind buildings, donut shopping, and stalking exwives.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get use to it I think there will be a lot more drones flying around in 5 years

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll wait until the first one gets shot down flying over a backyard pool party. Then the real discussions will start. Mostly involving lack of warrant searches, privacy issues, and private property rights. Stay tuned!!

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that most snooping with a drone should require a warrant. Total invasion of privacy

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
regarding peering into back yards: i am guessing that's not the way the courts will end up going with this. not much of an expectation of privacy in what you do outside of your house in your yard. the popo can generally legally hover over your place with a helicopter, of fly over it in a plane or zoom in with a satellite and see into your back yard without a warrant. drones will probably be viewed no differently.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a law that states how much air space is owned or not owned just wondering if there is going to be a market for some kind of drone defense system that i can in on the bottom floor and make some millions

- - - Updated - - -

or maybe drone dog fights. Like a rhumba drone that watches your back yard for other drones and if it comes to close takes it out

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
no hardline rule on that. the generally accepted rule is the one the FAA uses. they consider everything above 500 to be navigable. supreme court found a trespass at like 75 or 100 feet a long time ago.

Bohica

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll wait until the first one gets shot down flying over a backyard pool party. Then the real discussions will start. Mostly involving lack of warrant searches, privacy issues, and private property rights. Stay tuned!!

John David Boggs was flying his drone over the Hillview home of 47-year-old William Merideth. Merideth shot it down. Dismissed in Federal Court.

Does this mean open season?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i don't think so. if memory serves, that case was tossed out of federal court on the basis that federal court wasn't the proper venue. the pilot brought the case in federal court seeking damages. the reason he brought it in federal court was because of the fact that the FAA has jurisdiction over airspace. but, since this case was mostly about damages for the expense of his drone and possibly simple trespass, the judge tossed it out of federal court. not sure whatever happened to the state court case.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a little off topic... well maybe not really but I seen Facebook is offering there customers “facial recognition” as a way to log into your account. I imagine soon that will be the only way to log into Facebook. Won’t be long they’ll be selling it to Uncle Sam. Soon they’ll now every store you go in every intersection you drive through, etc., etc. There are currently 2 billion people on Facebook. That is one hellova data bank.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if some guy is bangin his old lady in the back yard n one of these drones buzz over, will they get an indecent exposure ticket in the mail?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Any drone that is within shotgun range of my front or back deck is toast and I don't care who it belongs to period.:gotone:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are enough court cases now favoring those that shoot em down over their property. that's what I'll do .

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the sticking point is discharge of a firearm in city limits

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50