Hi, I'm New

Nean Delson

I believe I have succeeded in sending everyone private messages answering all your questions. Does anyone else have some questions for me to answer?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you have a good recipe for burrito/enchilada red sauce that's not chunky? I like it smooth like gravy.

Why would a salmon bite a nightcrawler when it can't actually feed? Could they still be caught on one on a vertical presentation when they're in 300ft?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Do you have a good recipe for burrito/enchilada red sauce that's not chunky? I like it smooth like gravy". Ever heard of a food processor, or a blender? ;:;boozer:;:howdy

- - - Updated - - -

I believe I have succeeded in sending everyone private messages answering all your questions. Does anyone else have some questions for me to answer?
Are the salmon going to bite tomorrow??#$%^&>

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?

Dear Mr. Slanding,
Precise definitions of those terms do not exist and their use is somewhat arbitrary, even among weather forecasters. Technically, partly sunny means more clouds than sun and partly cloudy means more sun than clouds, but for all intents and purposes the terms are interchangeable (except that partly sunny is strictly a daytime term). Sky coverage terms are based upon the amount of sky covered by opaque clouds. Very thin clouds that do not block the sun are ignored.
On the NDA page we adhere to the following definitions: clear, sunny: no clouds or less than 0.1 sky coverage; mostly sunny: 0.1 to 0.2 sky coverage; partly cloudy, partly sunny: 0.3 to 0.7 coverage; mostly cloudy: 0.8 to 0.9 coverage; cloudy, overcast: near 100 percent coverage.

Cheers,
Nean (yes - it's really me speaking through my minion - guywhominions)

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't trust this explanation as it doesn't appear to come directly from Nean. Has he appointed you as a minion? I don't think enough time has elapsed.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Mr. Slanding,
Precise definitions of those terms do not exist and their use is somewhat arbitrary, even among weather forecasters. Technically, partly sunny means more clouds than sun and partly cloudy means more sun than clouds, but for all intents and purposes the terms are interchangeable (except that partly sunny is strictly a daytime term). Sky coverage terms are based upon the amount of sky covered by opaque clouds. Very thin clouds that do not block the sun are ignored.
On the NDA page we adhere to the following definitions: clear, sunny: no clouds or less than 0.1 sky coverage; mostly sunny: 0.1 to 0.2 sky coverage; partly cloudy, partly sunny: 0.3 to 0.7 coverage; mostly cloudy: 0.8 to 0.9 coverage; cloudy, overcast: near 100 percent coverage.

Cheers,
guywhowatchesclouds

Dear cloudwatcherguy,
While careful consideration has been placed on your partially thorough response. I have deduced a complex and non-provable formula to assist in this predicament.
While the definitions for clear and overcast are self-explanatory to most, I have chosen another route to go with forwarding my weatherfication knowledge…in order to slice through the complexity of your above mentioned ratios I have deemed the realm of sky and cloudiness regardless of density to be for here by and forever more referred to as” a mix of clouds and sun” … you’re welcome
yours truly,
Mr SLanding

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Mr. Slanding,

I am most pleased to learn that you have arrived at a solution to your problem.

Cheerio,
guywhominions

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool now that I have one of my question answered hopefully maybe more answers to come, thanks guywhoisneansminions

- - - Updated - - -

I posted this before a bunch of times now so I am hoping to get a answer from someone who is knowledgeable in things of interest.
1. What is the difference between a one gallon pail and a one gallon bucket?
2. What is the difference between a tarp strap and a bungee cord, can I use a bungee cord on my tarp.
3. What is the difference between partly sunny and partly cloudy? "Answered"

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So moving on to the next question….if water conducts electricity, specifically the salts in the water…then why when lighting strikes a body of water all the fish don’t die?

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool now that I have one of my question answered hopefully maybe more answers to come, thanks guywhoisneansminions

- - - Updated - - -

I posted this before a bunch of times now so I am hoping to get a answer from someone who is knowledgeable in things of interest.
1. What is the difference between a one gallon pail and a one gallon bucket?
2. What is the difference between a tarp strap and a bungee cord, can I use a bungee cord on my tarp.
3. What is the difference between partly sunny and partly cloudy? "Answered"

I'm no Nean Delson but let's take a stab at these:
1. What is the difference between a one gallon pail and a one gallon bucket? Buckets for the most part have traditionally been known throughout history to have a cylindrical quality to them, while a pail falls more in to the rectangular category or non-conformant…

Throughout most of the civilized world the varying degree of elasticity primarily categorizes the “tarp strap” and “bungee cord” material composition is usually but not always the underlying factor in clearly defining one of the later…

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
So moving on to the next question….if water conducts electricity, specifically the salts in the water…then why when lighting strikes a body of water all the fish don’t die?

Flux. Lightning bolts are only an inch or so in diameter, forced to travel in the small ionized gas it created. Once it hits water it now has a "lakewide" conductor. The flux through any fishwide portion of this lakewide conductor is pathetic, like Colin Creepersdick.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I'm no Nean Delson but let's take a stab at these:
1. What is the difference between a one gallon pail and a one gallon bucket? Buckets for the most part have traditionally been known throughout history to have a cylindrical quality to them, while a pail falls more in to the rectangular category or non-conformant… so what you are telling me is that Nean doesn't know crap.

Throughout most of the civilized world the varying degree of elasticity primarily categorizes the “tarp strap” and “bungee cord” material composition is usually but not always the underlying factor in clearly defining one of the later…
So what your saying is Nean doesn't know crap?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Booze kills the slower weaker brain cells, essentially strengthening the entire system...haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33