Hunting Islands

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are these landowners paying "taxes" on this ( un- productive ) land under water. I'd bet not. Crock of sh*t, IMO
I think they are. I know in SD when the lakes around Webster increased in size by a lot, landowners were complaining about this very issue. I think they lost and still were paying taxes on the flooded land at the time. Not sure now though?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they are. I know in SD when the lakes around Webster increased in size by a lot, landowners were complaining about this very issue. I think they lost and still were paying taxes on the flooded land at the time. Not sure now though?
Yep and thats how they got the law passed to make the lakes private. Guess that back fired on the state should have gave them a brake on the taxes and people could still be fishing. That and they were a bunch of slobs leaving shit all over the ice and boat landings.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I didn't know they were private now. What if you access them from public?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is an example on east devils lake that a dead end road that is submerged by waters has been closed to the public even the right of way is closed to access which is one of the only spots in this areas that WAS a legal spot to access the ice in the winter months. I haven't fished this area for a while since I stick to the towers areas if I fish the main lake.
Screenshot_20240228_122914_Maps.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I didn't know they were private now. What if you access them from public?
You cant it would be just like trespassing. I got to fish one of those lakes two years ago and had 18 walleyes over 25" and a bunch of 14" perch. You have to know where you are as some of the water is public and some is private its where onx really comes in handy. If the state and some of the hard asses could of just used alittle common sense there could have been a solution that made everyone happy but lines in the sand were drawn and the general public were the looser.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Actually I could careless,rancher owns several sections and the stream running thru if claims all private ,so be it,why be a dickhead a n d mess the day up,chances are youll meet up with said landowner in your small resident town,friendship may occur over time and a beer,of course tourist arm chair real-estate counsel could get into a dicey situation, sheet happens.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Actually I could careless,rancher owns several sections and the stream running thru if claims all private ,so be it,why be a dickhead a n d mess the day up,chances are youll meet up with said landowner in your small resident town,friendship may occur over time and a beer,of course tourist arm chair real-estate counsel could get into a dicey situation, sheet happens.

Sorry, but your fairy tale idea of establishing a relationship with one of these landowners over a beer at the local bar doesn't exist. Very, very few of these land owners are small town type ranchers. They are wealthy out of staters who visit once a year at most and simply hire ranch managers, or lease out to outfitters who want to harass and intimidate anyone who tries to legally enjoy "their" water.

No one should be considered a "dickhead" for legally accessing and enjoying their public water.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sorry, but your fairy tale idea of establishing a relationship with one of these landowners over a beer at the local bar doesn't exist. Very, very few of these land owners are small town type ranchers. They are wealthy out of staters who visit once a year at most and simply hire ranch managers, or lease out to outfitters who want to harass and intimidate anyone who tries to legally enjoy "their" water.

No one should be considered a "dickhead" for legally accessing and enjoying their public water.
Look in the mirror,entitle clowns like you screw shit up for everyone,i suspect your to young to realize this based on your "im entitle to access this water...yeah,"dickhead" attitude.

Wow,duk you are really naive in your own little " Im special" world.

Now i remember you from 2020 riots in mpls....you're words after we chatted about all the destruction in mpls,over $500 million, you came on here and called Bullshit for whatevever reason...good grief.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
in case it matters, it was a joke. but, in the show, ranchers ain't too friendly to folks seeking access to their lands and/or waters.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
in case it matters, it was a joke. but, in the show, ranchers ain't too friendly to folks seeking access to their lands and/or waters.
Yeah i get it,cant tell ya how many farm hands,land owners,friends of friends etc lve met in my small towns over the years shootin pool and having a couple cold beers, rubbed elbows with many,wild game feeds,social gatherings can be rewarding.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah i get it,cant tell ya how many farm hands,land owners,friends of friends etc lve met in my small towns over the years shootin pool and having a couple cold beers, rubbed elbows with many,wild game feeds,social gatherings can be rewarding.
Bang a few of their daughters and see where that gets you.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Look in the mirror,entitle clowns like you screw shit up for everyone,i suspect your to young to realize this based on your "im entitle to access this water...yeah,"dickhead" attitude.

Wow,duk you are really naive in your own little " Im special" world.

Now i remember you from 2020 riots in mpls....you're words after we chatted about all the destruction in mpls,over $500 million, you came on here and called Bullshit for whatevever reason...good grief.
Holy shit ,give me a second to comprehend that mess of a reply..
I'm not sure the last time you spent a minute out in the western states, but its not exactly little house on the prairie out there anymore. You wont find any billionaire landowners on the Blue river, out shooting pool at the local watering hole :ROFLMAO:
You can call me entitled all you want but I refuse to be bullied out of public ground (water) by those who think they own what they don't. That sir, is the definition of entitlement.

And I don't remember any conversation with you about MPLS riots.. but it wouldn't surprise me as many of your takes are nothing more than an angry, racist, old man yelling at clouds.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bang a few of their daughters and see where that gets you.
Hahaha, farmers daughters....most i met were bigger than me @ 6'4 more hair than a sheep dog...i quit drinking so these days i make the sheep nervous.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy shit ,give me a second to comprehend that mess of a reply..
I'm not sure the last time you spent a minute out in the western states, but its not exactly little house on the prairie out there anymore. You wont find any billionaire landowners on the Blue river, out shooting pool at the local watering hole :ROFLMAO:
You can call me entitled all you want but I refuse to be bullied out of public ground (water) by those who think they own what they don't. That sir, is the definition of entitlement.

And I don't remember any conversation with you about MPLS riots.. but it wouldn't surprise me as many of your takes are nothing more than an angry, racist, old man yelling at clouds.
And there it is...RACISM!!! Rally the "colleges"!!:( Y'all have the dog whistles. Good thread before that shit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88