Ice equipment casualties

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like I was pretty lucky compared to a lot of you , I had a few smelt gutted out by a weasel because I left my topper window and endgate open one night. I had them in a ziplock and there was a hole about the size of a quarter where he went in and out . They must really have a good nose on them.

Last edited:

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had just a few casualties of losing small jigs on trees at Beaver Bay. Broke a rod tip on my Fenwick while putting it back into my rod-bag. Neighbor's kiddo dropped my camera panner and a metal ice scoop down the hole one outing.

hardwaterdriller

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a problem with needle nose pliers as well. I buy like 5 pairs a year and they seem to disappear. I'll be in a boat with someone and will ask to borrow a pliers quick, and the next fish that comes in we are looking for it. I swear people remove the hook and throw it down the hole/over the side of the boat. Or all my fishing buddies have 4 of my pliers in their tackle boxes.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
word on the street is that bait vendors funded the building of Brewer Lake

That might be true but I wasn't one of the sleazy salesmen on that body of water :cool:. I prefer to spread the wealth around other bodies, think of it as equal opportunity feeding.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pair of prescription sunglasses on lake Elsie, but that was a few years back.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did actually have a 250 tub of waxies go flying in the wind one day, forgot about that. Almost had to trade beer for bait with my buddies.

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lost gas cap to Honda generator down the hole, battery and charger for Rapala filet knife down the hole.. Fished out the gas cap with magnet... Yes there is a little metal tab thingy in side the cap. Surprising how far away they float away from the hole

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ripped the lower part of my bumper off (only plastic but they want $800 to fix), broke 2 rods, bent my hitch pulling a buddy out of a snowbank, lots of HT thermal tip up flags need replacement. I love those tip ups but my goodness those flags are delicate

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Broke the front plastic fender on the ATV, lost a pair of forceps, locked my keys in my truck.....2 miles out on Winnipeg, and a pair of sunglasses down the hole, auger flight bolts stripped out from bouncing around on winnipeg.
Still one more big trip for the year so hopefully come out of that pretty clean.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33