Ice fishing bachelor party

Jignjerk

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well a buddy is getting married and I’m looking to throw him a little shin-dig. We’ve all done the Deadwood thing so we’re looking to do something different. Plan so far is to take a 3 day weekend and go up to DL first part of February or March for a guided trip. (Half of us have all the gear to go solo but half don’t ) also never fished DL. We would like to do a “combo” deal with lodging and fishing combined and so far I’m leaning twords fishing with perch patrol and getting a cabin at the resort. Anyone have any experience with the cabins at the resort or perch patrol in general? Is there better options out there? Thanks for any and all input. The guide deal, and DL in general is all new to me. Thanks

MULEDEER

Established Member
If you are after nightlife and booze I would go to the wigwam at low. Take the fishing package they have once you are there you can walk wherever you need they clean fish haul you out no designated driver just relax

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t know a whole lot about it but as I’ve been told, Devils Lake fishing is a little more run and gun. What I’m reading into here is you guys want a little more of a social event with all the guys hanging out? A Lake of the Woods trip might be a little more conducive to that. The guides there will have permanents set up.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
A bachelor party without strippers??? You'll never be forgiven.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOTW if 1/2 aren’t already ice-fishermen.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are after nightlife and booze I would go to the wigwam at low. Take the fishing package they have once you are there you can walk wherever you need they clean fish haul you out no designated driver just relax

This^^^. Wigwam is a good time. I don't think the same guys are still there that took us out so maybe get ahold of the "lake of the woods outdoorsman" on Facebook. That crew knows their stuff.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake of the Woods. My favorite no brain ice fishing place.

Have taken part in a couple of adventures up there - thank god it was before everyone had a high definition video camera on their phones...

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with LOW. Always have a great time with the buddies when I have gone. We usually do the sleeper houses but places like Wigwam have a great rep

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_2846.jpgHe's made some great videos over the years both for the Wigwam and our on his own. Runs his own outfit now.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to ice drink go to LOTW (Wigwams, Sportsman's, Adrian's, and more) are all walking distance and good to bar hop. If you're serious about fishing, head to devil's. I had my bachelor party at Devils. We fished hard and drank a few days, then got a party bus and bar hopped the last night.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
No thoughts on which is better. But theres a joke about your screen name and a bachelor party on ice somewhere.....

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd tell you LOW or NW Angle for the weekend. Is head out of sportsman, babblers, Adrians, etc. Better opportunity to be out on fish more consistently than a zipple bay or the package out of the patch.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Canada "ice fishing" Things that are legal there will blow your mind!

Jignjerk

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for all the responses fellas! I’m defiantly going to check into heading to LOW. I’m sure I’ll have a million more questions in the near future. Thanks

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had cowboys Bach party at devils lake. We caught a lot of fish and spent a lot of time at outlaws. Here is one of the entertainers who got knocked out by another entertainer. It was a party we soon won't forget.
IMG_1579.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
cant just leave it at that i need to hear the story as that sounds like it is NDA gold. Change names but do tell

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha well my caption basically tells it all....

Outlaws was a very classy strip joint...

This young dancer pictured above had some choice words for the older gal dancing on stage. She was down by us and called her an old skank I belive it was. Well the other gal didn't like that. She jumped off stage, threw a couple haymakers and was ripping this girls hair. This was all at my feet. I was holding the pictured girls hair to help from having it all ripped out.

The bouncers came over and tried throwing me off but I was protecting this gal. lol But I finally backed up. I pulled out my phone of course and took a pic with snap chat. He said dont take pictures and made me show him my phone. Well it was on snapchat, not on my camera on my phone, so I said see I didn't take any.

They cleared the floor and continued dancing. lol

Then they kept the place open for us until like 4 am and things after that point can never be talked about. Kinda like the hangover movies.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
stripper getting ktfo is awesome and even better is the memories as the story will be better the older a guy gets.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha... I walked out of my last strip joint maybe two decades ago - just couldn't do it anymore

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 127
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49