Ice Fishing Gadgets

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Anyone been looking ahead to ice fishing yet? I seen this new gadget, and got excited:

e950fe9f-d542-4a45-a048-4a391465846e.png

S.gif
MARCUM

LITHIUM SHUTTLE

Starting off with one that really caught our attention — a lightweight, fully decked-out “shuttle” for your ice flasher/sonar. Lookit this work of art [heart-eyes emoji]:
25769d5c-2ef1-4ac2-b86a-665ac21e1758.jpg

Few specs for you ice-heads:
> Has a 12Ah lithium-ion battery that can extend a unit’s run time by up to 40 hours [!] and we believe trims about 3 lbs off.
> LED lighting to charge glow lures and see your hole without a headlamp.
> Built-in USB power ports to charge your cell phone, camera, or other stuff.
> Two “1/4 – 20 ports” for mounting additional accessories like RAM mounts for a GPS, cell phone and whatnot.
> Also has a couple of rod holders, fits into a 5-gallon bucket and too much other stuff to list here.
Designed for the new MarCum M-Series, LX-6 and LX-7 sonar systems, but word is it may work with other head units as well.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Given the fact that I have to buy a new auger, ice house, and flasher I am NOT looking forward to it. One step at a time....

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
As busy as my summer has been and the lack of wetting a line I am looking forward to ice time. As far a gadgets go my main one will be resurrecting my jeep for my ice rig and hopefully have myself a K-Drill setup.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want a gadget that backhands chumps who start talking about ice fishing in July

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks guy, now I have that theme song stuck in my head...

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Given the fact that I have to buy a new auger, ice house, and flasher I am NOT looking forward to it. One step at a time....

Look on Craiglist and buy it all gently used. Guys are purging their entire ice fishing arsenal all the time. You can get some great gear for peanuts.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I bought a one man sled at the end of the year last year. I have yet to use it. Looking forward to setting it up, and using it for running and gunning.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Look on Craiglist and buy it all gently used. Guys are purging their entire ice fishing arsenal all the time. You can get some great gear for peanuts.

I have already started. I know exactly what i want for a house (3 kids) and i'm upgrading to a K-drill this year. Flasher is fairly simple too. Had my eyes on a Vex FL-18.... Had a Marcum LX-6 last year but i just couldn't stand pushing buttons and going thru menus to adjust my settings. Gonna keep it simple this year. Biggest focus is to be more mobile (on foot) and losing a 40lb HC-40 10" auger is going to help alot.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have an eskimo 2 stroke head I would sell... I want to keep the auger off of it for my propane head but if you have some flighting I would part with it

- - - Updated - - -

that lithium battery looks sweet... and the glowshot rigs too... I am all sorts of excited to ice fish

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm trying to resist the urge of buying the K-drill/Milwaukee combo. I already have the Honda Strikemaster, but damn that K-drill would be nice until the ice gets over a foot or so.

Still have lots of open water fishing, pheasant hunting, deer hunting to do before i think to much about ice though!!

Last edited:

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh, I have three solar panels producing 75watts, two deep cycles, and a 1500 watt Honda attached to a sled for my power station. Usually get two 12 hour days out of them before having to fire up the generator, pull it back to the shop to plug in, or just let it sit outside for 4 or 5 days. Sure it is heavier than a car, but during the NFL playoffs when I also lug around a dish tailgater and a 32 inch tv, it is a perfect way to spend the day away from all the noise at home.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh, I have three solar panels producing 75watts, two deep cycles, and a 1500 watt Honda attached to a sled for my power station. Usually get two 12 hour days out of them before having to fire up the generator, pull it back to the shop to plug in, or just let it sit outside for 4 or 5 days. Sure it is heavier than a car, but during the NFL playoffs when I also lug around a dish tailgater and a 32 inch tv, it is a perfect way to spend the day away from all the noise at home.

and where will you have this setup during the football season? I might not even care if you are not catching fish if the steelers are playing LOL

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an eskimo 2 stroke head I would sell... I want to keep the auger off of it for my propane head but if you have some flighting I would part with it

Appreciate the offer but it's K-drill/Milwaukee or bust for me...... Also of note, i'm a steelers fan as well!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88