Invasion of...

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Critter's.

Cool nights has brought these little some beaches into my house...

Bid ass spiders,that move like lightning, about the size of a silver dollar,guessing "tunnel" spiders,not wolf spider tho,creepy, as i see they're grass high webs on my grass all summer,sticky mouse trap nailed one mouse,but if you catch or see one,more are around.Time to load the exterior bait stations. But ill take this cooler temps and deal with these critters as they come,bee's are active as well,they love my apples...hornets ( yellow jackets)aggressive little some beeches,waspes making hives.

Pupper had his first encounter with a snake catching mid day sun on my driveway...big ole garder snake,funny shit.

Turkey's found free meals at the bird feeder...young Jake squared off with me as i chased mom and the kids off,all 10 of them,jake ran interference, came at me all puffed up and making hissing sounds,i armed myself with a shovel ready to lop his head off.

Lol,makes the day go by fast,
Gotta dig out the snow blower and fire it up,new gas,same with plow blade,f ing thing is buried somewhere, amazing how much shit gets piled up over a couple months in the garage, seasonal happening every year.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing wrong with a good ole shovel club standoff. Been there done that with just about everything from a least weasel to a bull mastif that thought my chickens looked like good chew toys. He didn't like the jab to the snout he got when he took the first lunge. 'Bout the time the Mrs. showed up with the shotgun, the owner came over the dike. That guy doesn't know spit about taking care of a dog, let alone one that weighs in at a buck eighty.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had spider invasion also. Sprayed foundation of house and shed with Tempo. No sign of them anymore.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have posted this years ago, but back in my much younger single days, me and the boys would putz around checking crops and downing a few barley pops. Anyway a couple times after many barley pops we wanted some excitement and this great (stupid) idea hit me. I told the boys, let's go midnite golfing.
Buddy whose car we had, had his gold clubs in it. We grabbed the sand wedge and went to another buddies place where he raised turkeys, hundreds of turkeys.
Anyway we went in there and they would come over and stick their necks way out and one of us would swing and away went the head. Had about 6 of them, so loaded them up and headed home. Sure seemed funny at the time.
Anyway we did this 2 or 3 different times and finally one day I stopped in and told my buddy, what we had done, leaving out the others names of course. At first he was kinda pissed off but did find the humor in it after an hour or so. Paid him for the turkeys and said I am not a golfer but I did enjoy midnight golfing.
Sorry about being off topic.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only critter I couldn't chase out of the yard was a Llama , I tried with the golf cart and he would just side step me so I grabbed the B International that turns on a dime and we went around and around in one spot for a while with laid his ears back and he looked like he was ready to attack or spit so I let him win.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The only critter I couldn't chase out of the yard was a Llama , I tried with the golf cart and he would just side step me so I grabbed the B International that turns on a dime and we went around and around in one spot for a while with laid his ears back and he looked like he was ready to attack or spit so I let him win.
Was he a Dolly Llama, they are the worst. LB

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My boy boards two Llamas or Alpacas not sure which but the owner works and trains them a lot to keep them in shape them to Elk hunt. Those two are well mannered and happy to come running to meet anyone who walks up to the fence.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sooo,BOT....3 season porch...at my place,cook /grill out there year around when weather is shitty.F ing mouse decided to have a workout on a new roll of pp towel on towel spindle, like a hamster wheel, wish i had a video trail cam out there,little some beech spooled the entire roll of pp towel,lol left me with a pile of pp towel on the floor....gotta be a first.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a resident weasel and no mice but he jumped inside a safety cone and couldn't get out so we lost him and now we have mice again. We only want one cat and he is too busy killing gophers squirrels and chipmunks to bother with mice.

Iv'e never been around ferrets but I need to learn more about them . I don't want them in the house but wonder if you could you build a outside house for them and feed them , would they stick around and be a fun pet ? Supposedly the odor of ferrets keep mice away .

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a resident weasel and no mice but he jumped inside a safety cone and couldn't get out so we lost him and now we have mice again. We only want one cat and he is too busy killing gophers squirrels and chipmunks to bother with mice.

Iv'e never been around ferrets but I need to learn more about them . I don't want them in the house but wonder if you could you build a outside house for them and feed them , would they stick around and be a fun pet ? Supposedly the odor of ferrets keep mice away .

Yeah, even the de-scented ones are still smelly. I had one for a few years, tough to train and pretty independent little bastard (named Satan). This was when I was 20, so a long time ago in a 197? mobile home I bought. He was at least as destructive as the mice that never showed up.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ferrets stink. Grandson has 3 of them in a spare bedroom with all their toys and stuff. Your eyes burn when you walk in the room. LB

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
ferrets stink. Grandson has 3 of them in a spare bedroom with all their toys and stuff. Your eyes burn when you walk in the room. LB
Sounds like juanr living room after a 3 day bender...j/c juan

LB,xmas gift,"fart sniffer" machine,plugs right in to the wall,small and compact,it handles 5 beer drinking, paint peeling taco eating rednecks watching sunday nfl....dont ask me how i know.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out and got in the pickup to go to work one day last week. Had left the walk in door open into the garage. Remembered something I forgot so jumped out of the truck and went around the corner to go in garage door and my wife’s dog goes blowing by my chasing a damn muskrat into the garage where the lab meets it head on. The lab grabs it and gave it a snap and broke its neck lol.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84